What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad keyboard sometimes doesn't type a letter!

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered this problem with the new iPad ? Frequently, when I'm typing something some characters don't show, it's not any particular letter or number but it does happen frequently. For example, if I type "word" it may show as "ord". At first I thought I was just not actually touching the particular character that didn't show o I started (note: the word just before I in this sentence is SUPPOSED to be so but only the o is showing- that's exactly what I'm talking about!!) has anyone else had this issue with the iPad 3?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If not already setup go to General/settings/sound/set keyboard click to yes.

Once this is done you should be able to hear when a keystroke has been hit or missed. Unless you are typing about 120wpm where a potential keyboard buffer issue could cause this type of issue I think either autocorrect is biting you or you aren't tapping quite hard enough when letters are not appearing on the screen.

Marli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes this is a common issue if you are a fast typer, the iPad just can't keep up. Happens to me all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same issue.. I will hear the click sound but either you get nothing or the wrong key. in fact, sometimes I will press a key on the left hand side of the keyboard and the keyboard things I presses RETURN and it I didnt or I wil be typing and the cursor will jump to the middle of a word and put what I am typing in the middle of a word I already typed. WHY is this? will a bluetooth keyboard solve this? It seems I have to type really slow for this to work (I just typed this message on my PC because of the ipad keyboard issue)

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i'm having the same issue too. I think it's just the touchscreen keyboard issue, i'm sure it should ne solved with an external keyboard. Or not?

Sichan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Blackfilm is correct, I also have similar issue on my iPhone.
So now I type with a half second pause between each press... it's kind of annoying compare to a standard keyboard

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. If I type too fast it adds letters, cursor jumps etc....

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. If I type too fast it adds letters, cursor jumps etc....

No more issue now that I removed swipe section tweek.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Latest posts