What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help. Restored Ipad and now it won't activate.

polorsport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I desperately need help asap. I just restored my ipad 2 to stock as I'm about to sell it, but now it won't activate. The last error message I received was a -50 error. (I searched and couldn't find anything on this error).

Now as soon as my ipad is connected to itunes I get a message. "There is a problem with your iPad. We're sorry, the iPad you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple Store for more information."

I tried calling my closest apple store, which is an hour and a half from me but could not get a live person on the phone. I purchased my ipad 2 back in June if it matters.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to reset the iPad for sale, you are probably best not to link it to your PC by activating it on there, as the new owner will want to link it to their own PC. I assume you are restoring it to 5.0.1, so why not just restore the iPad and leave it with the setup wizard as it would appear out of the box for a new owner? Then the new owner can run through the setup using their own Apple ID (and SIM card if it is a 3G device).

OP
P

polorsport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just concerned it isn't working now. I don't want to sell someone a broken ipad 2. I did or at least tried to restore to 5.0.1. This was a jailbroken wifi only ipad 2 if it matters.

OP
P

polorsport

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apparantly can't pm back yet, but thanks for the help guys. I seem to have solved the issue. Some how itunes mobile device service was not working properly.

Since this might be able to help someone else out what I did was.

1. I uninstalled itunes.

2. Installed a program called everything. This allowed me to search everything on my pc. I searched for apple and deleted every folder with apple in it.

3. I ran cc cleaner 3 times. Before the uninstall. After the uninstall. And after a reboot.

4. Reinstalled itunes as administrator.

Now it seems to be working, and itunes recognized it. Off to the usps.

Thank you very much for the prompt replies, and pms.
r
I will see you guys when the ipad 3 is launched.

Most reactions