What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing .avi on Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sackboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just released! CineXPlayer - plays AVI/XVID movies in iPad. AppStore policies look like more relax now when this app is approved ...and it is awesome while it lasts! :D

Check it out in the AppStore!

Lxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried avidemux on an .avi saved it as an mp4 & looks fine no difference between the two. (this is on a PC ) I will put in my iPad later via iTunes & post back on the quality.

u01jsw6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@sackboy - I agree Cinexplayer is amazing! It is compatible with lots of codecs including most xvid and divx. It is reviewed here: How to Watch AVI Video and more on the iPad along side some other methods... however it does not always work. I am genuinely stunned that apple let it through its screening process :D

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is how I play downloaded avi files on my iPad.

I downloaded an avi today using goodreader. I then viewed the file in goodreader using the manage files function in goodreader and selecting open with, I then selected my video viewing program, I used vlc player and it started playing. You can use whatever app that will play your particular file.

Hope this helps.

Teddmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But would they need converting from avi to mp4 first? If so then that's what I'm doing. If not then that's what I'm after.
Have you tried Azul? You can watch without converting but they have to be on your i-pad

tomjame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This following will describe a step by step guide on how to convert and import AVI files to iTunes. Then it is just easy to watch AVI movies on iTunes or sync AVI video to iPad, iPad2, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod, iPod Touch and more.

~moderated - do not link to paid software under the guise of a tutorial ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the previous poster suggested, it's in the App Store, though it may not be in every App Store in every country, due to licencing restrictions, copyright issues and local & national laws.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
luckyjames said:
so how to find this player?

Search Appstore for CineX ?

Attachments

• image-343813558.png
    image-343813558.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 306