What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simply want to watch a film on an ipad...!

jghjgh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm helping my girlfriend with her ipad (as such, I can't jailbreak it). I want to watch a film that I downloaded. I can't. Honestly, I consider myself pretty tech-savvy and work with computers for a living, but it's so frustrating... I just want to put a film on it, and be able to watch it. If I can have subtitles that would be great, but I have a feeling that will be asking too much... Anyway my train of thought is as follows (naturally trying to do it all on zero budget):

1. Set up DiskAid/Syncios and transfer a file across to the 'videos' section (took me a few hours just to get that set up and working)

2. Try to play... OK I was using a 700mg .avi as a guinea pig since I figure it's the easiest to test. I did it, but nothing would play it. No player at all, tried OPlayerHD, PlayerXtreme, RockPlayer2, the built-in video app (ha!)... nothing. Then I tried putting in an .mp4 (which in theory should be easier to play i.e. more ios friendly)... now I can't see anything at all on any player (except, ironically, the built in video app)...

...One way I have found is to put the files on Dropbox on my pc and then sync with the ipad... however this takes forever because of the slow upload speed and it just a bit crap since I want to be able to speedily drag and drop through diskaid/syncios. Also I can only watch on the shite built in drop box preview thing.

...I guess I'm just asking, when putting stuff in with 3rd party software, where does one put the films? if anywhere? I notice some weird directories I saw on syncios... somewhere there?

thanks for any help at all with this, unbelievably frustrating.

giacomo

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AVplayerHD that I bought on itunes for about $3 or $4. It plays all video formats and easy to use. After you install it you plug your iPad in and go to the app section in your itunes (see picture) You will see the app icon down at the bottom of that page. Just highlight any video files you want and drag and drop it into the AVplayerHD Document spot.

l.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to echo wrathchild here - whichever app you end up using, it's best (and easiest) to use iTunes to transfer and sync the movie. That way, all the coding for the app to recognize the movie gets done and you can just hit play.

Marilyn

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's playing.

I use .Its Playing.
Available on iTunes for a small fee.
It plays everything I've thrown at it, it has lots of hidden features, pinch to zoom pan and scan, aspect ratios, etc
So no need to convert videos,
Just drag movies on your computer to its playing app via iTunes,

Most reactions

Latest posts