What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

shell123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im new to iPads and have set up lots of photo folders but now can't work out how to transfer photos to other devices - I need to run a slide show for a party ? Thanks for any suggestions

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Shell - welcome to the forum! :)

You need to be much more specific regarding your original description: 1) Are the 'photo folders' on your computer and/or your iPad, or both? 2) What other devices are you talking about, e.g. iPad, computer, etc.? 3) Do you want to run a 'slide show' from your iPad? and 4) If you want to run a 'slide show' do you want it just shown on the iPad or on a TV/monitor/projector?

Thus, specific suggestions can only be given when more information is provided - plenty of great folks here to help!

OP
S

shell123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have all my folders of photographs on my IPad and would like to copy them to my PC so I can copy the photos onto a memory stick or cd

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Shell - I'm assuming that your photos on the iPad are stored in the native Photo App; if so, you need a good understanding of 'how' photos are organized w/i that program - check out Chapter 10 of the iPad User's Guide (iOs 5.1) HERE - :)

Now, there are a variety of options both wired & wireless of transferring your images to 'other' locations, which is dependent in part of the computer/OS you are using - please check out this Apple Support Article for further information and select the setup that applies to your equipment; ALSO, check the links there to PhotoStream (using iCloud) and syncing through iTunes.

Finally, there are third party programs that can be used; for myself, PhotoSync has worked well and allows 'wireless' transfer - information HERE; others may 'chime in' w/ yet other choices - many ways do exist.

Good luck and please post back your results - may help others - :thumbs:

Most reactions