What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to transfer photos and videos into ipad

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm unable to transfer photos and videos from pc to iPad into the default photo folder. It always show error n then saying that iTunes has stopped working. Anyone encounter this? Anyway, I'm trying to transfer bat a thousand of photos n videos combined. Anyone can help?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it's photos and videos. Overall bat 30gb of files. It's always show iTunes stopped working when coming to an end. Really wasting time when nothing has been transferred after all the waitting.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Breakdown your photos into several albums/folders and place those folders in the same folder. Set up your photo sync for the main folder, and choose the Selected Folder (or was it albums) option. Select one or two folders at a time to sync, that way you can limit the sync time, and narrow down any files that may be causing problems.

Unless you need to use the videos in other programs like keynote or iMovie, don't try and sync them through the Photos app. It will only read a few properly formatted file types.

To sync movies copy them to iTunes on the computer. It will read a larger number of formats, and will usually convert them for syncing with the iPad. They will show up for viewing in the Videos app.

For formats that neither iTunes nor the iPad can handle OPlayer usually does a good job.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

OP
K

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried synced one folder at a time also the same. ITunes will run and then when it's about to end, a window popped out and said iTunes not working. Must close to end program.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you running the most current version of iTunes?

Also, if you check the second link in my post you'll find instructions on how to delete the Photo Cache Folder. That may help.

OP
K

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest version 10.4. Just updated this morning but still same issue. Yes, I deleted the photo cache folder too also same thing happened.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
kjsre74 said:
The latest version 10.4. Just updated this morning but still same issue. Yes, I deleted the photo cache folder too also same thing happened.

I'm afraid I'm about out of ideas then. All I can suggest is creating a few smaller albums with nothing but jpg files. Try to sync those to see if it is a system problem or some of the files causing the problem.

ReginaK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with iTunes latest update and also iMovie application on my iPad 2. After the last iTunes update it is not possible to sync videos or photos but, if I manage to sync them in some way, I cannot see my videos in iMovie but I can see my photos. I have a video converter, so I tried different formats. Nothing helps. I am wondering if anyone knows the solution.

ReginaK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kjsre74 said:
I tried synced one folder at a time also the same. ITunes will run and then when it's about to end, a window popped out and said iTunes not working. Must close to end program.

I am experiencing the same problem. Trying to listen what other say but have not found a solution yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts