What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo syncing problems

larrys3255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have been trying for some time to download photos from my PC to my Ipad Photos app. I open Itunes and connect the Ipad. Then I go to "Photos" under the Ipad (in Itunes). The Sync Photos is clicked on. I then go to a picture folder on the computer and click "Apply". This initiates a Sync and downloads the photos in that file under "Photo Library" album. Then I try to go to another folder on the computer and repeat this. It deletes all the original photos and replaces them with the new ones. I should mention that "All photos" is clicked on as default. I cannot click on "Selected Photos" as it is always greyed out.

If I unclick "Sync Photos" in Itunes, it first asks if I want to delete all photos from the Ipad. I click "no".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance. This is driving me crazy.

Larry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Place all the folders you want to sync in another folder. Select the top folder to sync. It should add each folder as a new album. When you want a new album, just create a new folder in the main one.

This will only work for the first level of folders under the main one. Sub-sub folders will not be recognized.

You can also change your sync mode to selected folders. Then you can individualy check the foldrs (under the main one) that will sync.

The operative word is sync (one way, iTunes to iPad). Changes you make to the folders or selecting/de-selecting folders will be mirrored on the iPad the next time you sync.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't delete photos that were added through iTunes. You have to go back to the folders you synced in iTunes and make the changes there, then sync again.

Most reactions

Latest posts