What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos Deleted when downloading/syncing

edpad221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new member and looking forward to iPad Forum tips and advice. I have an iPad, not the iPad2. My problem: My issue is with downloading photos. I have carefully followed instructions in iTunes to go to my iPad, click on Photos, choose folder with pictures and Apply. Works fine. BUT, when I choose another folder of photos to download the first download is deleted when I Apply. I have noticed that in the section "Sync photos from" that the "All Folders" is checked and I CAN'T select "Selected Folder" option. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything you want to be on the iPad must have a check by it, if there is no check by it, it is deleted when you sync. That's the only way iTunes knows what you want to keep and what you want to delete. It will only upload the items that are not on the iPad, it will not duplicate them. This applies to song, apps, videos and photos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What Pocobear said. If you deselect a folder, it will be removed.

In order to use Selected folders you the other folders must be in the main folder you chose to sync. A good way to do this, if you are on Windows, is to put several folders in the My Pictures folder on you computer. Name them whatever you'd like your various albmums to be named. Then select the My Pictures folder to sync with. Check the Selected Folders options and select the folder/albums you wish to sycn. You can add and sync other albums to this folder later.

To emphasise, iTunes syncs these folders. Any changes you make to them will also be made on the iPad next time you sync. This is the only way to change them. You can not edit or rearrainge them on the iPad.

Wilson555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opposite issue

My problem is that each time I try to put new photos on my IPAD it copies all of them and so I have some photos with 3 or 4 duplicates. I am trying to remove them all to start over so following the info below I unchecked all photos and yes some photos are deleted but there are still hundreds in my I pad. This is a pain. I just want to know how to delete duplicates.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Photos in the Saved Pictures, Camera Roll, and Imported albums do not sync with iTunes. They can be deleted on the iPad by choosing the share icon (top right when viewing an album), selecting them, and choosing delete.

For all the rest, just turn off Photo syncing in iTunes, and sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts