What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People who have got/getting their iPad-3 Today !

DBoone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came this afternoon while I was at work. Previous comments are dead on! The weight difference is barely noticeable and the display is great. Can't tell much difference in performance yet but haven't done anything to stress it.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got mine just before 10 a.m., and the friend I'm trading it to for some wheels is getting it tomorrow, so I've been playing with it all day. Aside from the display, it's pretty meh, and I really only notice the display when reading in Kindle. I honestly don't think I'll miss it.

jflack3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine just before 10 a.m., and the friend I'm trading it to for some wheels is getting it tomorrow, so I've been playing with it all day. Aside from the display, it's pretty meh, and I really only notice the display when reading in Kindle. I honestly don't think I'll miss it.

Lol ^^^^ this guy! :/

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol ^^^^ this guy! :/

Swing by gizomodo's web site. They were similarly underwhelmed, and they did a gag where they gave people the iPad 2 and said it's the new iPad and they couldn't tell the difference. The screen is nicer, but currently I don't have anything running that capitalizes on the hi-res nature. Overtime, as app bloat starts to slow my iPad 2, I can see moving up.

casey3557

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine arrived at 2:30, delivered by UPS. That is pretty much my normal UPS delivery time. Was in a brown box with Apple box securely packaged inside. I do not have the iPad2, so this is a huge upgrade for me! :eek:

Last edited:

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was up at dawn and on the first floor by 8 am to make sure I didn't miss the doorbell! It didn't arrive until 4 pm, but that was still better than trekking to an apple store to make the purchase. I've been too busy setting it up to fully appreciate the new screen, but Sketchbook Pro is on the agenda for later today. In the meantime I'm enjoying all the extra storage as I upgraded from a 16 gig to a 64 gig. My son is looking forward to getting his first iPad when he's home for a visit next month, and I'm looking forward to the video chats we'll be able to have. This is a fine example of trickle down economics at work!

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was up at dawn and on the first floor by 8 am to make sure I didn't miss the doorbell! It didn't arrive until 4 pm, but that was still better than trekking to an apple store to make the purchase. I've been too busy setting it up to fully appreciate the new screen, but Sketchbook Pro is on the agenda for later today. In the meantime I'm enjoying all the extra storage as I upgraded from a 16 gig to a 64 gig. My son is looking forward to getting his first iPad when he's home for a visit next month, and I'm looking forward to the video chats we'll be able to have. This is a fine example of trickle down economics at work!

I know what you mean. I went from a 32 to a 64.. I NEEDED that room and thrilled to have it

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
I know what you mean. I went from a 32 to a 64.. I NEEDED that room and thrilled to have it

I thought I could save a little money and went from 32 to 16, since I didn't think that my 32 was that full...lol wrong.... Went back and got the 32!!! It works for me. Loving this screen. I had the original iPad .

Most reactions

Latest posts