What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People who have got/getting their iPad-3 Today !

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I finally got the successor to my iPad 1 :p I went to Best Buy on my lunch break and they had a lot (about 40) left. This Best Buy is not even a *big* one. I guess Apple addressed the launch fiasco from the iPad 1 & 2. The BB employee told me they had about 100 units arrive in all flavors. There was no line when I got there.

I grabbed a white 64GB AT&T model and a Targus cover. Overall, great timing for me. I used $50 reward zone money PLUS got the 18-month zero interest AND the extra 25% on points for being a silver member :eek:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine at about 1pm mountain time via Fedex. It is great, the screen does remind me a lot of looking at my 4s in terms of resolution and color display. I really notice the difference when looking back at my iPad 2. Plus, the camera is much better (not hard to do since the iPad 2 camera was not so hot) but I do not plan to use it much since I have my 4s.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got mine this morning, but just now getting around to using it and am restoring from backup. I tell you that I cannto tell the weight difference nor the thickness increase. And it fits my old Bear Motion case better than my iPad2 did. I just canceled my order for a specific iPad3 case.

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm on the West coast so I guess I'll be getting mine last, UPS tracking says "end of day".

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx delivered my iPad 3 at 12:34pm. Utilizing I cloud backup I restored my iPad 2 backup made 5 minutes prior to my iPad 3 with no hitches. No passwords transferred and my music had to be transferred through iTunes but every thing else came through fine. What a difference going from iPad 2 to iPad 3 verses iPad 1 to iPad 2! Nice job Apple.

Only app issue is with Documents To Go. Screen of excel spreadsheets is all screwed up but an email response says they are on top of it working on a solution.

txdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
Any more comments on this from the guys in U.S who have got the iPad-3 today !

Mine still hasn't arrived...was scheduled to be here before 3 pm...now I have a delivery exception notice... I live in dfw less than ten minutes from the FedEx distribution center where it was loaded on the truck at 7:21 this morning...typical FedEx

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOOHOO! Got mine at noon today -- AGGGG was at work. Had to wait until I got home to play. I can tell a difference in clarity and the speed. ALAS miss my JB. It does fit my cases for my iPad3 and my Logitech foldup keyboard. WOOP!

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh, UPS sure knows how to kill the excitement. I'm only 19 mins away from them and they've been out delivering since 6am and its now 4:30pm and still no sign of them. I was supposed to receive my iPad cover from 11am-3pm and didn't get that either! They should be showing up in the next 2 hrs, hopefully since they deliver till 7pm!

Last edited:

john.roden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine and my wife's at 10:30AM PDT today. It's an incredible improvement over the 1 that we both had. The only trouble I'm having is with Verizon; their site keeps going down in trying to setup 4G LTE.

rollerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine delivered at 9:45 this morning right before I had to take the wife to a doctors appt. I let it clone my iPad 2 while we were gone. My youngest son (36) was very happy when I gave him my iPad 2 and my wife is happy to get his iPad 1. I also went to town and bought the iTV. Works great!

Most reactions

Latest posts