What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC WORLD: New ipad does not match old ipad on battery

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say apple should have qualified that battery run time with the words average or normal use. I get more than 10 hours.
Also unless they performed the test with an iPad2 out of the box conditioned the same as the iPad3 then the test was invalid.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who uses full brightness? That's like driving your car full throttle at every stop sign and expecting to get 30 MPG lol

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Daylife said:
Who uses full brightness? That's like driving your car full throttle at every stop sign and expecting to get 30 MPG lol

Weirdly, apparently plenty of people do. I hear people use it outside, two. I don't.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the pixels are made up of little lights and the new iPad has four times as many. four times as many pixels to light up and a much more intense graphics chip is going to suck the battery dry faster than the two. LTE is also very bad at draining batteries quickly. They doubled the battery and with only double the battery the new iPad seems to hold up to about the same time as the previous model. I do find that the new iPad is much better at handling the auto-brightness, also I'm finding in my own personal use that with the brightness down the new iPad is lasting longer than the amount of time I was getting from my first gen iPad.

mojOH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the pixels are made up of little lights and the new iPad has four times as many. four times as many pixels to light up and a much more intense graphics chip is going to suck the battery dry faster than the two. LTE is also very bad at draining batteries quickly. They doubled the battery and with only double the battery the new iPad seems to hold up to about the same time as the previous model. I do find that the new iPad is much better at handling the auto-brightness, also I'm finding in my own personal use that with the brightness down the new iPad is lasting longer than the amount of time I was getting from my first gen iPad.

Don't use logic! Logic is the enemy! Lolz

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just think if they where to stick the iPad 3 batteries in the iPad 2! Think of the screaming about the iPad 3 performance then! The iPad 3 gets half the battery life of the iPad 2!

It's all relative.

But no! They would be pissed about the trade off That it double battery life in exchange for 1.72 ounces of additional weight!! OMG!

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here mine is on 7/24 charged at night when I sleep yes even forum admins sleep lol
Brightness is same level as old iPad 2 Usage medium including game playing which is usually car racing.

Average battery life 10 to 12 hours before I start charging again So there you are one happy puppy or kangaroo

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every night mine is plugged in also. I have yet to even come close to running out of battery life, on an average day's use. I wake up in the morning and it's ready to go at 100%!

Most reactions

Latest posts