What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad May Not Get Rumoured Quadrupuled Screen Resolution Until iPad 3

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
hulu2.JPG

PC World has a new spin today on the recent stories and predictions about the iPad 2 possibly having a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536. PC World spoke to IDC research manager Tom Mainelli who said that the recent reports about the iPad 2 having a quadrupled screen resolution are misleading, as it's likely that they refer to the iPad 3, rather than the iPad 2.

“I think the Digitimes story probably got the resolution right, but the iPad version wrong,†Mainelli told PC World. “Our sources say Apple has requested that manufacturers begin work on displays with that resolution for the iPad 3.â€

Mainelli added that he didn’t believe that anyone was prepared to produce a device with such a large resolution in the sort of huge volumes that the iPad 2 would require at this point in time.

So, as ever, we have several different theories currently circulating about the next iPad’s display, and as ever we’ll just have to wait and see what turns out to be true!

Source: iPad 2 Won't Have 2048 by 1536 Resolution--But iPad 3 Might - PCWorld

jman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what influence a larger resolution would have on battery life. A better video card that’s able to handle the resolution would probably eat quite a bit more, not sure about the actual screen though. I doubt Apple would make any move that would decrease battery life on a new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts