What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parse error when retrieving messages

Trustme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to retrieve messages from these forums or discussions with the app on my iPad I get the error
Parse Error.. The remote server sent a (sic) unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being updated

I am using the most recent version of the app I think.

I can access the forum on Safari but not with the app any more

Can anyone help?

OP
Trustme

Trustme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trustme said:
When I try to retrieve messages from these forums or discussions with the app on my iPad I get the error
Parse Error.. The remote server sent a (sic) unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being updated

I am using the most recent version of the app I think.

I can access the forum on Safari but not with the app any more

Can anyone help?

Hi all

I think I have this solved. The app now requires you to join and login. Done now and all works fine

markmts1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having parse issues

I have joined and logged in, but I still get the parse errors. Help!!

dvceniza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also got the same error when i tried to change my profile pic.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't retrieve more than a couple of pages of current threads in the app without getting this messsage.

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parse Error?

Have been getting a parse error, server sent unknown something something, I forget. I have the options to click, Ok or Report. Have done report on several threads, but can't access them. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did a search, we are waiting for an update. Got it lol.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is really becoming a problem for me now! Can,t see any private messages or certain threads. Also this app’s bade is never right, always shows the wrong number of actually thread updates even before the OS5 upgrade. :/

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rebooted my iPad, downloaded the updated forum app and I still have the same parse error problems!!!! Anyone else?

Just deleted app and then reinstalled from scratch and still having the same issue.

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having this issue myself with the app. Just started yesterday for me. Error occurs when attempting to see subscribed threads and forums. Logged out/in, no effect. Went to the website here to log out/in, FWIW, no effect. Went ack to the app and it worked, briefly. I navigated to the "current" threads section and then went back to the "subscribed" section and the error came up again.

A friend is having issues with the iPF app on her iPad as well. Apparently her Private Messages section comes up completely blank, mo matter what we try. I don't think she gets the parsing error message, but I'll ask her.

We both have the latest version, 1.5.7 on iOS 5.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ADMINS: This is getting much worse by the day. I get the error every time I open the app. I can no longer see anything in my private message area. I have tried all the fixes, "reboot", uninstall app, log out, log back in, nothing works. It's becoming very frustrating. Is a fix in the works?

Most reactions

Latest posts