What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with iPF App - OT Discussions

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Am subscribed to the "Anything Goes" thread in the Off Topic discussions but when I try to go to it I get this message:

Parse Error
The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the “Report” button below to send this report to support for analysis.

OK Report

This is the only place where this happens the other discussion I am subscribed to opens fine.

Sent from my iPad using 

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Just discovered that I get the error message on only one page of the discussion - page 106 on the iPad version, which includes messages 1576 through 1590 - other pages seem to work fine. Weird!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And just to confirm, I have just found the same problem with a different page of a different thread. I'll let the forum Admin team know that there may be a problem.

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've found a bug in our ForumRunner software that may have been affecting this. It's been patched now (and delivered to ForumRunner to hopefully fix properly).. Can you let me know if there's any improvement? I just tried that same thread and was able to navigate from page 105 through 107 without a crash..

Just discovered that I get the error message on only one page of the discussion - page 106 on the iPad version, which includes messages 1576 through 1590 - other pages seem to work fine. Weird!

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
veraderock said:
I've found a bug in our ForumRunner software that may have been affecting this. It's been patched now (and delivered to ForumRunner to hopefully fix properly).. Can you let me know if there's any improvement? I just tried that same thread and was able to navigate from page 105 through 107 without a crash..

Nope, I'm still getting the same error message at page 106.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't use either ipf app on i4. Have downloaded and redownloaded. Opens and crashes.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPF is working fine for me currently.. (but I get the parse error a lot too)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls, this is a known problem and we are awaiting a fix from the good people over at ForumRunner, hopefully in the not too distant future.

The Archangel

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a service engineer i know Information helps the engineer in any technical field, so it is vital to give ss accurately as you can.

I get the parse error every time using the 'subscribe' button, this happens on both forums. Using either ipad 2 or iphone 4 since ios 5 update

Most reactions

Latest posts