What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages frustration

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am swimming in over two hundred pages documents is theeca way to create files or folders like in word? Don't know what to do with all these files and increasingly difficult to find the right document and flipping back and forth to get to my earliest dos are painful
Jerry

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Follow this to create folders in pages.....

image-3119951649.png

image-1750993894.png

image-2564975616.png

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Sorry about your frustration w/ Pages, which is also on my iPad - I've never created a folder but followed Gabriel's directions w/o a problem.

You might want to first 'force close' Pages, i.e. open the multi-taskbar (double tap the home button or use multi-fingering gesturing), find the Pages icon and press and hold until all begin to jiggle; then press the minus sign to 'shut down' the app; return to the home screen and open Pages - see if the directions given above now works?

If that suggestion fails, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE - good luck and please post back if none of these steps work.

OP
J

Jdiakiw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriek1. Or giradman. Really stuck now. Tried both of your stes to no aavail. No wiggling ever ! Any further suggestions. .?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jdiakiw said:
Gabriek1. Or giradman. Really stuck now. Tried both of your stes to no aavail. No wiggling ever ! Any further suggestions. .?

Ok, before we go any further, what version of iOS are you on and is Pages fully up to date (i.e. no outstanding updates for it in the App Store updates tab)?

The Archangel

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you need version 5. also, the wiggling and dragging actions work for apps too - gets several pages of app icons down to two, in my case.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that'll be it, the screenshots I have taken are from iOS 5.0.1 with the latest update of pages, you would need to be on iOS 5.x.x to be able to upgrade pages.

I have no idea if you can do what you want in your version of Pages, sorry.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jdiakiw said:
How do i upgrade my ipad 1 ?

Make sure your PC/Mac has iTunes updated to the most recent version, then connect your iPad and it should tell you that new software is available for your iPad......then just follow the onscreen instructions.

The Archangel

Most reactions