What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files, folders and documents

kate2kate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

I have a some PDF folders on my laptop that I would like to transfer to me Ipad and view with a PDF viewer I bought but I can not figure out where to put them or where they went on the Ipad. I read the directions for transfering files and folders and I just don't get it.

Everything has a place like music photos etc... but not documents. Also when you create a doc on your Ipad where is it stored and is there a way to transfer it back to your laptop?

Thanks,
Katie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your problem regarding the PDF files. Have you checked in the iPad's native PDF reader, iBooks? There's a special folder in there for PDF files, so it's worth a look. I'm sure you'll soon receive more replies too....

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open Itunes, select your iPad and go to the apps listing. Then go down the page to "File Sharing"and you should see a list of apps that you can assign docs and photos too.
Just highlight the app and use the little "add" button.

Not immediately obvious as you have to page down to find it.
GL.

OP
K

kate2kate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open Itunes, select your iPad and go to the apps listing. Then go down the page to "File Sharing"and you should see a list of apps that you can assign docs and photos too.
Just highlight the app and use the little "add" button.

Not immediately obvious as you have to page down to find it.
GL.

Oh thank you for the easy instructions. they were great! Is there a way to move files from my Ipad back to my PC?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get a Dropbox account (free), it will put a folder on your PC and you can dump stuff in there for moving between one & the other. But maybe the easiest way to send a file back to your PC is to email it to yourself as an attachment.

Last edited:

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to download a pdf file (drawing) and a Pages document to Keynote. I am able to get them transferred to the iPad, but they are shaded (grayed), and they won't download. Any suggestions other than taking a screen shot?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not possible to import either PDF or Pages documents into Keynote - as far as I'm aware the only options are to convert them to JPEG on a PC and then place them in the iPad's Photos app, from where they can be downloaded into Keynote, or to take a screenshot.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts