What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osx Mountain Lion?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol like android and ice cream sandwich
You forgot the jelly bean.
Yeah that's why I stay away from android devices. I'm on a diet
biggrin.png

Last edited:
OP
samita

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is great to hear.

So next up is getting everything everywhere, this is achieved using iCloud. This link will show you how to set it up on your MacBook and iPad http://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/setup/

The Archangel

Ok, I'm going to do that, but I'm afraid to loose some information from all devices, for example my contacts, because in the Mac book, I just have a few, in my iPhone have the most important and recents contacts, the Ipad have another ones that maybe aren't in iPhone, and Mac book. I already paid for Icloud service but it only took the contacts from my Mac book. That's why I'm scare. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to do that, but I'm afraid to loose some information from all devices, for example my contacts, because in the Mac book, I just have a few, in my iPhone have the most important and recents contacts, the Ipad have another ones that maybe aren't in iPhone, and Mac book. I already paid for Icloud service but it only took the contacts from my Mac book. That's why I'm scare. :)

The best thing you can do is backup all your devices in advance, I'd be inclined to do a wired backup with your MacBook.

For me it all went really smoothly but a backup will give you peace of mind.

The Archangel

OP
samita

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is backup all your devices in advance, I'd be inclined to do a wired backup with your MacBook.

For me it all went really smoothly but a backup will give you peace of mind.

The Archangel

How is the process to made a backup? I really appreciate the time you're doing to help me. Thank you again Archangel!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the process to made a backup? I really appreciate the time you're doing to help me. Thank you again Archangel!

It's no problem, it's nice to feel useful.

Rather than type it all out, here is yet another link which explains how to backup (with screenshots) http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766. Usefully, they also show you how to restore from a backup if it all goes wrong!

The Archangel

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple codenames OS X releases (meaning the 10th version of Mac OS) after big cats, although the first version was codenamed Kodiak, the second one was named Cheetah (?) and Apple kept up the tradition. As for Platypus, Apple unofficially officially uses that as their mascot for their kernel (Darwin) named Hexley. If you think that Apple has weird codenames, look at Fedora's "Beefy Miracle." Anyway, sorry for going off topic but good luck with getting your Mac to work in sync.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Most reactions

Latest posts