What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering through AT&T site

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New here. Been lurking and reading for a couple weeks. One thing I haven't seen a lot of is people mentioning that they ordered their ipad through AT&T's site, which I did early last week. At the time, the estimated delivery time was 2-3 weeks.

My order just says processing, and I imagine it will just say that until it ships out in a couple weeks.

I guess my question is "Has anyone else ordered their's from At&t?" Was that a dumb move? I did that, because the wait time was shorter than the estimated wait on Apple's site.

Anyway, in a perfect world, I'd find one in a store sooner, but that seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack right now. And I actually work, and I'm not insane, so sitting at an Apple store at 4 in the morning just isn't an option.

Anyone else order from At&t? Stories? Bad, Good?

Just getting ancy. Reading this site all day probably isn't helping either.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I hope you get your iPad soon through the AT&T site. We don't even get to see the iPad2 in the UK until Friday and there are rumours that the world-wide shortage will impact the supplies in the UK as Apple struggles to keep up with demand. I think it really took them by surprise!! My local Apple store is in a Mall and I work too, so queuing is not an option for me either.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps or not but I ordered my iphone 4 from att.
I also was antsy about the order until I got my phone. It showed up on the expected date but I got no information about it until I actually had it in my hands.
I wouldn't worry too much.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order just says processing, and I imagine it will just say that until it ships out in a couple weeks.

Anyone else order from At&t? Stories? Bad, Good?

Just getting ancy. Reading this site all day probably isn't helping either.

I ordered mine from the AT&T store on the 15th which would be the same as the website and was told it wouljd be 2-3 weeks.

My tracking status from AT&T still says "in progress"

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They offer a substantial discount off retail price

Had I known that I would have purchased from AT&T as well.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read alot about IPad2 and shipping these days and from what i read i can say that its always a bad idea not ordering from the apple directly.

Some rumors say that apple is holding back the whole bunch of IPads for its own stores and online order system and give only a few to other merchants.
Well i believe this, u dont have to, but it just looks like that.

OP
S

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still processing. Should be another week or two, which isn't really that long, but it's driving me crazy.

Checked Craigslist earlier and some guy is trying to sell an ipad2 for a $200 premium and then says "it will arrive by mail from Apple in 4-5 weeks".....Man, I hope that works for him.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splinter said:
Checked Craigslist earlier and some guy is trying to sell an ipad2 for a $200 premium and then says "it will arrive by mail from Apple in 4-5 weeks".....Man, I hope that works for him.

That needs to go into the dictionary as the definition of optimism!

The Archangel

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splinter said:
Still processing. Should be another week or two, which isn't really that long, but it's driving me crazy.

I feel your pain. I think I'm going to go buy a Mac book air today to give me something new to play with so I will forget about my pad.

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I looked into ordering via AT&T the website said 20-25 "business days". Well that's 4-5 weeks, same as what Apple Store is quoting. So I didn't see any advantage at all ordering direct through AT&T.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevroc said:
When I looked into ordering via AT&T the website said 20-25 "business days". Well that's 4-5 weeks, same as what Apple Store is quoting. So I didn't see any advantage at all ordering direct through AT&T.

It was worth ordering from them last week when it was 2-3 weeks. Hopefully at&t isn't full of crap. I guess I will find out next tues.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

OP
S

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just called an audible, and can't believe how easy it was. I had been checking the Target site, calling Micro Center, calling the Apple Store...just trying to see if I could snag one before the delivery date of my At&t order.

Called Best Buy this morning and asked how long the wait list was. Girl tells me there no longer is a wait list and it's first come, first serve, but she would take my name down and call me if my model was in, as UPS was unloading at that moment. Cool.

Then I decide, well, I might as well call a few more and do the same. Called the next one and she said the same and took my info as well, as she wasn't sure what had come in yet either.

10 minutes later, girl from second location calls me and says they have my model and it has my name on it. Drove over, picked it up.

It was almost too easy.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ splinter. How did u go about canceling ur AT&T order? Did they charge you a fee?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts