What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How iPad 2 shipping from APPLE ONLINE works

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was reading some of the threads here regarding shipping directly from apple.com.

Seems like at first Apple puts the worst case shipping scenario (say 4 weeks) and then they update it to a closer time (say 2 weeks)...This was for the March buyers when shipping was 3 to 4 weeks.

Anyways, I ordered mine yesterday and shipping times are estimated 1-2 weeks. So Apple puts 2 weeks as my estimated shipping date (maximum time).

I'm hoping they will update maybe early next week and instead of May 9th being my ship date it will say May 3 or something like that.

Anyone order one within the last 2 weeks that got theirs early? How has your experience been?
:ipad-peacock:

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of people that ordered their Ipad weeks ago have found them at local stores and canceled their order with Apple. I did as well.

Last edited:

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never order any electronic online. I wait until I can buy it personally, within a 100 mile range. That way if there is an issue it can be returned or exchanged same day.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They certainly don't all get moved up. Me and one of the bosses where I work ordered 64 gig 3G units about 6 weeks ago. I found one at Walmart last week and cancelled the online order, but as of 5PM yesterday he still hadn't received his.

~John

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They certainly don't all get moved up. Me and one of the bosses where I work ordered 64 gig 3G units about 6 weeks ago. I found one at Walmart last week and cancelled the online order, but as of 5PM yesterday he still hadn't received his.

~John

I find that strange as I ordered a Black 64GB 3G ATT on March 30th and my ship date would have been April 25 if I had not had canceled the order April 22nd. While over 3 weeks, not 6 weeks by any means.

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if you all know this, but Apple has an obviously incredible business model - one of the many reasons is that they do not, launches excluded, keep more inventory than needed to stock in stores. When you order something on line from them, it is made when the order is received and processed.

So when you order something from them, again aside from bottlenecks at launch, them make it, usually in asia and ship it to you within days or a week. No carrying costs, no warehouses with inventory, etc. Pretty incredible how efficient they are.

Last edited:

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ordered mine on Tuesday, says shipping est on May 10

hope its sooner, I guess I could just go get one if I wanted to wait in line at apple store at 7am

OP
T

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I could just go get one if I wanted to wait in line at apple store at 7am

There are still lines?

There is a mall 10 minutes from me that has an Apple Store. I called a few days ago and asked if they had any in stock. She obviously said no.

So I asked her what was the best way to find out: "should I just call every day or so".

She said the best way is to get to the store at 8am...Stand outside of the store for an hour until the workers get there, and ask them if any shipments arrived. Then wait another hour until the store actually opens at 10am.
:D:D

ljhomer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re: ipad shipping

I was reading some of the threads here regarding shipping directly from apple.com.

Seems like at first Apple puts the worst case shipping scenario (say 4 weeks) and then they update it to a closer time (say 2 weeks)...This was for the March buyers when shipping was 3 to 4 weeks.

Anyways, I ordered mine yesterday and shipping times are estimated 1-2 weeks. So Apple puts 2 weeks as my estimated shipping date (maximum time).

I'm hoping they will update maybe early next week and instead of May 9th being my ship date it will say May 3 or something like that.

Anyone order one within the last 2 weeks that got theirs early? How has your experience been?
:ipad-peacock:
Although my Ipad is suppose to deliver by tomorrow, I just got one at the store today and will return the one that is shipping. I was totally frustrated with the timeframe. my friend just walked in the store and got one. first, the tracking said it is delayed at Louisville ky because of bad weather. well, i live in CA so why send it there when the weather has been bad? it departed from China , to AK and then to Louisville. it may or may not deliver tomorrow, they couldnt confirm this so I just bought one at the store. and I ordered this on April 7! so I suggest you check the stores daily and you may get one a lot sooner instead of waiting 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Devyn Quinn said:
I never order any electronic online. I wait until I can buy it personally, within a 100 mile range. That way if there is an issue it can be returned or exchanged same day.

That is irrelevant. You can exchange any Apple bought product at any AppleStore, regardless of whether it was bought online or from an Apple Store.

ljhomer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Devyn Quinn said:

That is irrelevant. You can exchange any Apple bought product at any AppleStore, regardless of whether it was bought online or from an Apple Store.[/QUOTE

the apple store (today) told me if I bought online, I need to return via FED EX. Apple emailed the labels to me ( no return cost) and return to a fed ex store.

Most reactions

Latest posts