What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Returned My Ipad-2!?

RGeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, Im a newbie. Love-Love the Forum. I've been a silent stalker for a couple of weeks so, figured I'd come out of hiding tonight... Well, my wife thinks Im crazy right now, but I thought you Ipad folks might understand.

I just returned my 16G-WIFI-Blk-Ipad2 to Walmart, and placed an order with Apple for a At&t 3G. Here's the deal, we were in Walmart on my birthday, after dropping my daughter off at school. Just as we approached the Electronics dept, the young lady was putting two Ipads in the case. Just out of curiosity, I asked if those were the 2's - she said yes. Long story short, I left the store with one. I've always found the Ipads to be intriguing, but never stressed over having one. Mann, let me tell you, Im in love. I kept this thing for a week, and now Im obsessed. so much so, that I needed the upgrade, NOW! I considered keeping the wifi, and going with a MIFI, but came to the conclusion that the 3G is a better fit for me. Any-ways, the wait begins, I have an estimated deliver date for late May - the nail biting, head scratching, Ipad Forum stalking, is in full effect until my new baby arrives.

Thanks for hearing me out - wife is quite fed-up with me right now, so the topic is dead in our house for a while. Until Late May - PEACE!!:D

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I have a wifi only because AT&T isn't reliable in my area. Verizon is but the news about connectivity issues freaked me out. I went with a mobile hotspot. What I have learned from this is that the iPad must have web/email connectivity at all times no matter what. It's so much more useful that way.

Last edited:
OP
R

RGeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is exactly what I tried to explain to the Mrs - some sort of internet connection at all times is a must. Its a mobile device - MOBILE = fully functioning on the go!!!!!!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I have a wifi only because AT&T isn't reliable in my area. Verizon is but the news about connectivity issues freaked me out. I went with a mobile hotspot. What I have learned from this is that the iPad must have web/email connectivity at all times no matter what. It's so much more useful that way.

What connectivity issues? I have a Verizon iPad 2 and it's much better with 3G than my ATT iPad was.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is exactly what I tried to explain to the Mrs - some sort of internet connection at all times is a must. Its a mobile device - MOBILE = fully functioning on the go!!!!!!

First of if you need help convincing your wife let her read what about to tell you. I use to own the first iPad and it was a wifi version and to make story short, it stayed at home even when I had the capabilitiy of tethering with my jailbroken iPhone. Having 3G iPad is more enjoyable and you get the most potential out of the iPad. Yup, I don't regret getting the 3G version iPad 2 what so ever and I know you will feel the same way as I do.

Reaction score
When the new one comes in get Star Walk, take the wife outside on a clear night away from the house and fire up the app, then be ready for the apology she gives.
You don't have to buy a data plan if you don't need it but go ahead and get the minimum one, get away from wifi and use Star Walk.
I've got a 3g ATT Ipad 1 and haven't used the data yet but it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I can hotspot from my phone but haven't needed that yet either.
Enjoy your new 3g Ipad.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

OP
R

RGeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad update!!!

Got it! I got my new Ipad2 sooner that I anticipated. As I said in the original post. I placed an order online with Apple on the 5th. I had a ship date of the 19th. Well, my lovely wife stopped by our local Apple store regarding her MacBookP on Tues the 10th. While there, she inquired about Ipad stock, just out of curiosity. They told her that a few At&t 3g models were received, but sold by 10am. However, because she's a "business owner-client" if one came in they'd hold one, and call/email her when it was there?! Well, thats what happened - she got a call on yesterday, the 12th. Needless to say, I canceled the online order - and now I can officially say, Im the proud owner of the Great, Fantastic, Awesome Ipad 2. :D:D:D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, that's just great. I hope you introduce your wife to all the cool things this thing can do. My hubby sounds the same as your wife.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

HerbalTBag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would definitely go Verizon. AT&T is so unreliable and I would know I was under contract for 4 years worst cell provider ever.

Reaction score
I would definitely go Verizon. AT&T is so unreliable and I would know I was under contract for 4 years worst cell provider ever.

I had the same experience as well on my cell ~ but I have AT&T for my iPad and the service is great!

Do you suppose the much bigger metal body of the iPad, vs a phone, helps the antenna? ATT phone service at my house is non existent whereas the iPad and the Kindle I had consistently have 4-5 bars of usable service.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

Most reactions

Latest posts