What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the road and off it too.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been some interest from various people in what I get up to trucking around western Canada, so I thought I'd start this thread to share photographs etc.

I drive off road quite a lot (hence the thread title) so I get to see some pretty interesting stuff.

Feel free to make comments and ask questions, or just take a look.

For starters, here are some photographs I took earlier today in Chetwynd, British Columbia. Every year, the town hosts the World Chainsaw Carving Championship, and these photographs show some of the work.

image-4117588220.jpg

image-3674565219.jpg

image-1270262880.jpg

image-1734028323.jpg

image-3076275370.jpg

image-75521528.jpg

image-4115070218.jpg

image-215427833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

GlowHappy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I may stalk...er, subscribe to this thread, looks interesting already. Like the carved bench, but where would I put it? Oh do you take request? I love looking at beautiful trees and forest, I hear that part of the world has lovely woodlands. When I visit family in Northern California I always try to see the sequoias.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, I can do requests. Thanks for replying. And you are in luck. The Fall colors are just coming.

image-2561445787.jpg

image-616026865.jpg

This is more often than not what the view from my window looks like.

image-3197319817.jpg

Here's my truck. 53 tons fully loaded.

GlowHappy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't even know Big Rigs had the capabilities to go off road! Sure there is plenty of power but I always thought the weight would just dig itself into the earth and... Well, get stuck? Are those pine trees?

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GlowHappy said:
I didn't even know Big Rigs had the capabilities to go off road! Sure there is plenty of power but I always thought the weight would just dig itself into the earth and... Well, get stuck? Are those pine trees?

We have a lot of gravel and dirt roads. While my truck is not capable of going across a ploughed field, where it would certainly sink up to it's axles, it spends a lot of time off the blacktop.

And of course, we have the ice roads in the winter. I'll be posting pictures of those here, too.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Hoping to have an entertaining winter. And I'll be on the lookout for anything I think will be of interest. I'm heading out west this weekend, so more pictures will follow early next week. There is no phone service where I'm going, so I won't be around all weekend. I'll have to do a posting blitz when I get back to civilization.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leaving Smithers BC. 255 km to my first delivery point. Nothing to do for 3 hours but enjoy the view.

image-4190461628.jpg

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So now I'm going to be heading somewhere up here. This is where it can get interesting.

image-1221088932.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fabulous photos Kevin! Can't believe they can carve like that with a chainsaw...wonders never cease.

Keep them coming!

Most reactions

Latest posts