What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Raghav_K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys barrel doesn't work... sent my ipad3 in a reboot loop, and had to restore from itunes...

a list of incompatible must be added to the first post, i think...

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys i need help!..downloaded latest absinthe-win-2.0.1 version..did what i think is correct, connect ipad 3 to computer but absinthe-win-2.0.1 wont detect my ipad 3 for some reason and i cant as a result press the jailbreak tab..I am using win 7 64bit and using compatibility mode window xp service pack 2..the damn thing wont recognize..any ideas?

It could be multiple things. Check iTunes and see if your getting an error code. I hope you backed up already but if your getting a lockdown error on a Mac or a unknown error code on windows then you need to reset on the iPad itself. Then plug it in, let iTunes find I and then do a 5.1.1 factory reset, then jailbreak. that's what personally worked for me.
Also some other things. Right click and run as administrator usually helps with weird issues

As for Folder Enhancer I've been using it on a 3. Works perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WARNING! In the iPhone forum there's word of a new build of 5.1.1 out from Apple that patches the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak on ALL DEVICES. If you're not on 5.1.1 yet (still on 5.0.1 JB'en hoping to upgrade and JB today) BEWARE. Do NOT upgrade until further word.

Last edited:

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pianoman said:
WARNING! In the iPhone forum there's word of a new build of 5.1.1 out from Apple that patches the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak on ALL DEVICES. If you're not on 5.1.1 yet (still on 5.0.1 JB'en hoping to upgrade and JB today) BEWARE. Do NOT upgrade until further word.

i read up on this. its for the GSM iPhone 4. not for all devices

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2988248005.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
guys barrel doesn't work... sent my ipad3 in a reboot loop, and had to restore from itunes...

a list of incompatible must be added to the first post, i think...

Barrel is working fine on my iPad3 that is running iOS 5.1.1 and jail broken with the Absinthe tool. In fact, I've got the "flippy" selection going and it works pretty neat!

What version of Barrel do you have?

Marilyn

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple soft releasing updated versions of current firmware is nothing new. They did this with the 4S iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) where they released 5.0.1r1 (9A406) directly after due to certain models having "No service" or "No SIM" issues. These updates were sent to the affected phones OTA (if possible) and updated automatically.

Most likely they are fixing something related with their data network otherwise they would just release an update for all devices to patch the jailbreak exploits. However, because the jailbreak requires physical access to the device (unlike the jailbreakme.com exploit) it's unlikely Apple will patch these exploits any time soon. Apple knows about the exploits and how to easily patch them, that's a fact, but for whatever reason they've chosen not to patch them.

*EDIT*
Rumor circulating around is that the update has to do with AT&T's data network. Not much is actually known yet.

Last edited:

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone here used ispirit to successfully install a theme?

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

pintelho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it isnt possible to add themes via winterboard on ipad 3...or its possible?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't be trying any themes right now. From what I've been hearing the current themes available are incompatible with the retina display on the iPad3.

Seeing as it has a resolution that rivals most computers it will likely be a few weeks before we start seeing themes becoming readily available that are optimized for the 3. Everywhere I've been hearing about how themes are showing up off center, distorted, or stretched out of proportion.

pintelho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawa6306 said:
I wouldn't be trying any themes right now. From what I've been hearing the current themes available are incompatible with the retina display on the iPad3.

Seeing as it has a resolution that rivals most computers it will likely be a few weeks before we start seeing themes becoming readily available that are optimized for the 3. Everywhere I've been hearing about how themes are showing up off center, distorted, or stretched out of proportion.

I tried to install some themes from the cydia store, themes from the iPad 2 and it doesn't work at all..It only changes 2 icons (cydia icon and winterboard icon)

Ps: even retina themes didnt work..am i the only one?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The retina themes currently available are optimized for the 4S which has a much smaller screen. They're not going to work properly for the iPad 3 either.

pintelho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawa6306 said:
The retina themes currently available are optimized for the 4S which has a much smaller screen. They're not going to work properly for the iPad 3 either.

And i installed graviboard and it crashes when i launch it..argh..why crashes in ipad 3 only? or is it just me?

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Barrel is working fine on my iPad3 that is running iOS 5.1.1 and jail broken with the Absinthe tool. In fact, I've got the "flippy" selection going and it works pretty neat!

Marilyn

Works great for me too.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Raghav_K

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

hmm the latest from cydia..

actually i queued up 4 or 5 tweaks and the downloaded em, n it went on a reboot loop...

but others were simple ones, like action menu tweak, remove background, so i thought barrel was the culprit..

maybe i am wrong!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts