What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure that you understand that you can always redownload paid apps from the app store as long as you have access to your iTunes account you bought them with. They are yours even if you get a new device or an additional device.

Also would like to add the same principle applies with Cydia apps as well (for future reference) so long as you log in with the same Google or Facebook account you signed in with when you purchased the app.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how to use springtomizer 2's battery themeing option? Do I need to place my own images? Or are there prepared ones available already? Keep on searching the web but so far notta..lol..thx in advance;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I have the same question. I'm guessing it's in the documentation. I have the same setup, a Galaxy Nexus and iPad 3 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question. I'm guessing it's in the documentation. I have the same setup, a Galaxy Nexus and iPad 3 lol

Lol yep only way to roll...IMHO android for phone and iPad for a great hd screen...nothing can compete w/ a retina display ....yet lol

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

spartan1195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
I am not sure that you understand that you can always redownload paid apps from the app store as long as you have access to your iTunes account you bought them with. They are yours even if you get a new device or an additional device.

Lol, I'm such a noob. My daughter deleted fruit ninja by mistake, I told her I wasn't paying for it again and it will teach her for messing. Just re loaded it, one happy nine year old :)
I'm learning....slowly

dedlite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing that iPad 2 themes won't work now, due the increased res of the iPad 3s display, right? If so, does any theme work at all?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, themes aren't working right now on the iPad3. I've heard that the images are all wonky and funny looking if you install a theme. It is because of the retina aspect of the iPad.

We'll just have to wait and hope a developer builds and releases one soon. Cause I know for sure that I can't make one...! :D

Marilyn

sealie18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im So Happy with the Jailbreak, both my iPad3 and iPhone 4S work awesome now...
Only problem I had is that I tried to restore my iPad 3 back to Original, and got stuck with an "error 21"
Managed to get it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella, I later discovered that it was TinyUmbrella that was preventing me from doing the restore.

Hope this helps some one.

Last edited:

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, themes aren't working right now on the iPad3. I've heard that the images are all wonky and funny looking if you install a theme. It is because of the retina aspect of the iPad.

We'll just have to wait and hope a developer builds and releases one soon. Cause I know for sure that I can't make one...! :D

Marilyn
I dare say it will be quite some time before we see any iPad 3 native themes. The biggest challenge is going to be those new icon images that will have to be created in HiRes. They will be very large which means downloading the theme will take a very long time too.

There's a number of challenges developers will have to overcome to make themeing on the iPad 3 something practical if it can ever be practical. I sure hope it can be. :)

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest challenge is going to be those new icon images that will have to be created in HiRes. They will be very large which means downloading the theme will take a very long time too.

There's a number of challenges developers will have to overcome to make themeing on the iPad 3 something practical if it can ever be practical. I sure hope it can be. :)

I agree but like anything it is all different until it becomes the norm and then something new comes out and that becomes the norm. The beauty of tech it always evolves. I'd never imagine downloading a program that's 15GB big in a few minutes back when a song took 5 minutes to download lol.

As far as high res icons are concerned though I think they are the same as the retina on the iPhone. The icon names are wrong though. I installed a retina icon pack on my 3 and it worked with a few icons but most are stock. as far as the changed icons I don't notice any resolution difference.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dug around in my iPad3's innards last night and there ARE new icons. For example, in the Mail app, there is the standard mail icon titled "Icon-72@2x." It is a PNG image that is 148 x 152, double the size.

So, I should imagine, again, that it will take time for a developer to mod all the default icons, or set up auto-skinning for app store icons. I don't think it'll be that long, TBH, but it WILL take time.

Of course, when you compare iPad theming to iPhone theming, we already are the red-headed stepchildren (with freckles!) of theming. Seems as if for every 100 iPhone themes, there's one iPad theme. But, I'm positive someone is already hard at work; it'll just take a bit of time...

Marilyn

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as high res icons are concerned though I think they are the same as the retina on the iPhone.
No. Not even remotely the same. To make the large screen of an iPad "retina", the resolution is more than double that of an iPhone. iPad screen resolution for Retina is 2048x1024 I think. The iPhone retina is WAY less. So icon res will be substantially higher. Now granted - an icon's size on an iPad compared to iPhone isn't the same ratio larger as the whole screen size ratio difference. But still..

mccurt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so after jailbreaking my ipad3 my ipad was connecting to itunes just fine but then all of a sudden its not connecting anymore ..i get an error messages saying (itunes could not connect to this ipad because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000012))...does anyone know how to solve this error...ive search for a solution for the past 2 days but no luck...this is my 1st apple product so i need help in dummy terms lol.....
ive tried the deletion of lockdown & apple folder on the computer also tried adding itunes to homegroup,ive tried holding power & home key until apple logo shows up while itunes is still open..also tried on another cpu & get the same error so im guessing its the ipad....o yea i cant do a factory reset anymore either it just hangs on the circle loading...ive even tried rejailbreaking & i just get error-5 lockdown HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338274265.974235.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338274239.615039.jpg

what I've got done so far...

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

LeonKaiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone here experiences blank icons on the iPad after jailbreaking? Restarting the iPad resolves it. But the blank icons recur after sometime, usually the 1st page icons, around 1 to 3 icons, random program icons. No big deal really. Just reporting. Jailbroken with absinthe 2.0, iPad 3 wifi 64gb.

Most reactions

Latest posts