What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've spent about $20 on cydia apps so far lol. Better not show the wifey :p the best are:

Springtomize 2 - Insane modding app for the springboard

Folder Enhancer - finally I can create an app drawer with folders inside folders and unlimited scrollable folders, I love it

Bytefont - Android ICS Roboto font is the best mobile font IMO.

Activator - just awesome

iFile - :)

I've also got the color keyboard and 5 row keyboard. ironically the only app that's caused issues I think is the SNES emulator, the sega genesis one runs fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was anyone able to install the retinapad and folder enhancer tweaks?

Nothing is showing up in the BigBoss source

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have an iPad3, don't install RetinaPad. You'll muck up the jail break and have to restore. It's not ready for the new iPad, yet…

Don't know about Folder Enhancer. Haven't used it in a while and haven't tried to install it today.

Marilyn

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info but the problem is the BigBoss source is empty, I can't see anything in it at all

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info but the problem is the BigBoss source is empty, I can't see anything in it at all
Was doing that to me too...but then I changed my profile to "hacker" and it loaded...not sure if that actually fixed it....
Anyone find a theme that actually applies correctly yet:confused:???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Synaptic13 said:
Was doing that to me too...but then I changed my profile to "hacker" and it loaded...not sure if that actually fixed it....
Anyone find a theme that actually applies correctly yet:confused:???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Thanks, restored, re jailbroke and all fine

Raghav_K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a huge list right here of real neat tweaks: Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

Just stay away from RetinaPad if you have the iPad3 (messes up the iPad3 pretty badly, enough that you have to restore it). Oh, and I hear that Fold to Unlock, a new tweak, is also not working on the iPad.

Other than that ... have fun!

Marilyn

I've spent about $20 on cydia apps so far lol. Better not show the wifey :p the best are:

Springtomize 2 - Insane modding app for the springboard

Folder Enhancer - finally I can create an app drawer with folders inside folders and unlimited scrollable folders, I love it

Bytefont - Android ICS Roboto font is the best mobile font IMO.

Activator - just awesome

iFile - :)

I've also got the color keyboard and 5 row keyboard. ironically the only app that's caused issues I think is the SNES emulator, the sega genesis one runs fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thank you marilyn and altimax... that should get me started :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took some doing. 2.01 worked like a charm for the iPad3, for iPhone4 I had to erase everything as instructed, as Absinthe seems to choke on something (possibly large files)... The restore took an hour but it was well worth doing it. Did not know how much I would miss "Remove Background" and SBSettings in the week without. Now slowly will be collecting Cydia apps.:D

nAV20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys i need help!..downloaded latest absinthe-win-2.0.1 version..did what i think is correct, connect ipad 3 to computer but absinthe-win-2.0.1 wont detect my ipad 3 for some reason and i cant as a result press the jailbreak tab..I am using win 7 64bit and using compatibility mode window xp service pack 2..the damn thing wont recognize..any ideas?

Jonjungle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys i need help!..downloaded latest absinthe-win-2.0.1 version..did what i think is correct, connect ipad 3 to computer but absinthe-win-2.0.1 wont detect my ipad 3 for some reason and i cant as a result press the jailbreak tab..I am using win 7 64bit and using compatibility mode window xp service pack 2..the damn thing wont recognize..any ideas?

Did you back up and erase all the data? If yes then make sure you have re-activated the iPad before connecting or it will not show on your PC / iTunes etc. I ran the JB as Admin under compatibility mode for XP SP3 and worked just fine.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Does iTunes recognize it? If not you need to fix that first as Absinthe will not work without it. I've found after a failed Jailbreak, I had to reset the iPad to have it recognize again. In iTunes, make sure your backup settings are set to not use a password.

Then make sure your anti-virus programs are off and turn the firewall off on your computer for good measure. Run Absinthe as an administrator.
BTW: I ran it on Windows 2008 R2 64bit - works great.

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys i need help!..downloaded latest absinthe-win-2.0.1 version..did what i think is correct, connect ipad 3 to computer but absinthe-win-2.0.1 wont detect my ipad 3 for some reason and i cant as a result press the jailbreak tab..I am using win 7 64bit and using compatibility mode window xp service pack 2..the damn thing wont recognize..any ideas?[/I][/COLOR]

I have win7 x64 as well and I did successfully. Try to update your windows.

If still doesn't work, get a live CD Windows XP and try with it... (you'd better install it USB stick)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts