What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.xx onwards blobs are usless (at this point of time) . So even if you had the blobs of 5.0.1 saved you wouldn't be able to go to it.
Your only option remains to go to 4.3.3.

Rider51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers. I'll probably do that. I'm not that impressed with 5.1. The cloud is somewhat interesting, but I have been on the Google Cloud since it was beta, and like it's lack of size limitations (and it's affordability!). Never had much of a problem with 4.3.3 anyway.

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news, it is only a question of time at this point. I waited a long time for 5.0.1 JB to be released and I hope this time it would be faster.

Sent from my iPad 64Gb JB 5.0.1 using iPF

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With 3 independent jailbreaks I can't help but hope we'll just wake up to a new gen 3 jailbreak thereby making this the perfect device, but sometimes there is some real lag time in between proof and pudding. I hope they are working together.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest minus/downfall is 99.99% of the time, operator error messes up a jail break. People install incompatible tweaks, install piracy apps (which come with their own issues) or muck about in the stock file system "cause they can." Or, they don't understand what is happening with the system or the jail break and start flailing away with "solutions" that compound the problem. Oftentimes, if people take the time to research the issue/problem, they'd be fine.

I have jail broken the iPad1 and the iPhone 4S and I can honestly say I've never had trouble with either one that wasn't caused my me and my stooopid actions. I stick with known tweaks that have a good history and reliable reviews. And, if I don't know something, I'll ask. I don't try something new unless I've checked it out thoroughly.

But, that's me and my opinion. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Who didn't really know she had this rant inside her! :D

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was probably born in the million and one calm explanations I've seen you give other members (myself included) when they've freaked out over some dumb mistake. I don't know how you do it. But I know we're all thankful for it and if that's the worst rant you have, let 'em rip haha.

theseadragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum and new to iPad. I just purchased a used iPad 2 (64GB 3G Verizon) from eBay; I received it yesterday and everything is working beautifully. The issue is that the previous owner updated it to 5.1 sometime before shipping to me. My questions are: is there any way for me to revert to v. 4.3.3 without saved blobs; if so, after reverting to 4.3.3, can I upgrade to 5.0.1? Or am I doomed to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1?

Thanks for any assistance!

Nevermind, I just read the SHSH Blobs stickey; I'm screwed.... Just gotta wait for a 5.1 jailbreak.

Last edited:

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
theseadragon said:
Hi, new to this forum and new to iPad. I just purchased a used iPad 2 (64GB 3G Verizon) from eBay; I received it yesterday and everything is working beautifully. The issue is that the previous owner updated it to 5.1 sometime before shipping to me. My questions are: is there any way for me to revert to v. 4.3.3 without saved blobs; if so, after reverting to 4.3.3, can I upgrade to 5.0.1? Or am I doomed to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1?

Thanks for any assistance!

Nevermind, I just read the SHSH Blobs stickey; I'm screwed.... Just gotta wait for a 5.1 jailbreak.

Yes, you are right - you have to wait...

rajesh1108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbroken Ipad2

Hi I have just bought an ipad2 wifi. I have jailbroken it. Now when i'm trying to save the shsh blobs it says" The requested firmware is no longer available for signing" . I'm on 5.0.1. This is the original firmware. Any ideas what can be done.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rajesh1108 said:
Hi I have just bought an ipad2 wifi. I have jailbroken it. Now when i'm trying to save the shsh blobs it says" The requested firmware is no longer available for signing" . I'm on 5.0.1. This is the original firmware. Any ideas what can be done.

Nothing I'm afraid. You can't get 501 blobs now. They cannot be extracted from an ipad2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts