What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh1108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thks f4780y. If tomorrow i have to install a clean os due to some problem(like on a pc where we can format and re-install the os).will i be able to do it and if yes how?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thks f4780y. If tomorrow i have to install a clean os due to some problem(like on a pc where we can format and re-install the os).will i be able to do it and if yes how?

No, you cannot. You must preserve your 5.0.1 installation carefully. There is no way to restore it as things stand today. If you have to restore it must be to 5.1 and you will therefore lose your jailbreak!

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting!! ;

iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w)
3/25/12 5:39 AM
Found a loophole in Apple's apticket system. Restored my iPad 2 to 5.0.1 from 5.1. Works on all A5 devices. :)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Interesting!! ;

iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w)
3/25/12 5:39 AM
Found a loophole in Apple's apticket system. Restored my iPad 2 to 5.0.1 from 5.1. Works on all A5 devices. :)
Nice!

kakikukeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 had a screen bleeding problem and i managed to get a new unit as an exchange.. Issue now is that i got my new ipad2 and i realize it is running on an ios 4.3.5 (8L1) version.
Are there any untethered jailbreaks hope for my ipad2?

What if i upgrade it to 5.1? has it been out?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad2 had a screen bleeding problem and i managed to get a new unit as an exchange.. Issue now is that i got my new ipad2 and i realize it is running on an ios 4.3.5 (8L1) version.
Are there any untethered jailbreaks hope for my ipad2?

What if i upgrade it to 5.1? has it been out?

No, there is no jail break for your iPad2, tethered or not. There's definitely nothing for iOS 4.3.5. And, nothing's been found/released yet for iOS 5.1.

However, your best way is to go ahead and upgrade the iPad to iOS 5.1 and then join the legions of fans hoping that a release for that iOS will come ... and that real soon. :)

Marilyn

kakikukeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, there is no jail break for your iPad2, tethered or not. There's definitely nothing for iOS 4.3.5. And, nothing's been found/released yet for iOS 5.1.

However, your best way is to go ahead and upgrade the iPad to iOS 5.1 and then join the legions of fans hoping that a release for that iOS will come ... and that real soon. :)

Marilyn

=( thanks for the reply Mickey330, but what about the shsh blobs? Do i need to know anything about that when i upgrade my ipad2 to 5.1? How do i save mine?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, to add...

Everyone should make it a point to save the current, Apple-signed SHSH blobs as soon as a new release of Tiny Umbrella (TU) comes out that enables you to do so. It should become a habit - read of the TU update, download it and run it.

It's a very short, non-time consuming process that may pay off big dividends in the end (as evidenced by the latest news about the potential to downgrade off of 5.1).

So, save those blobs! :)

Marilyn

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
And, to add...

Everyone should make it a point to save the current, Apple-signed SHSH blobs as soon as a new release of Tiny Umbrella (TU) comes out that enables you to do so. It should become a habit - read of the TU update, download it and run it.

It's a very short, non-time consuming process that may pay off big dividends in the end (as evidenced by the latest news about the potential to downgrade off of 5.1).

Marilyn
Thumbs Up

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And, to add...

Marilyn
Keep in mind everyone that if you're in a jailbroken state Cydia is saving your SHSH blobs automatically with no need for Tiny Umbrella. It's saving your AP ticket too for A5 people. Only those who are in a factory iPhone state (un jailbroken) need worry about saving their SHSH blobs.

flyass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I so badly want to JB my device that i dont have words for it:) i just wondered how long have You been waiting for a 5.1 IPad 2 JB
Now? I just bougt my iPad the other day so idk how long it's been unbreakable?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I so badly want to JB my device that i dont have words for it:) i just wondered how long have You been waiting for a 5.1 IPad 2 JB
Now? I just bougt my iPad the other day so idk how long it's been unbreakable?

iOS 5.1 just came out/released this month on the 16th So, it's only been 2 weeks.

flyass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
iOS 5.1 just came out/released this month on the 16th So, it's only been 2 weeks.

Ok thank You, good to know. Cuz if i was gonna jailbreak tomorrow i would not put any effort into configuring everything the Way i want it just to delete it agen by jailbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts