What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

droidforsale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since there are fifty one pages in this thread, I have not had time to read them all.

I am tyring to figure out if there is a jailbreak for ipad2 64GB 3g gsm running 4.3.2. Is there a jailbreak for that?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droidforsale said:
Since there are fifty one pages in this thread, I have not had time to read them all.

I am tyring to figure out if there is a jailbreak for ipad2 64GB 3g gsm running 4.3.2. Is there a jailbreak for that?

You only need to read post 1.

Bionkyturtle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with my ipad2 while trying to update to 5.01, hope someone can help me here.

My iPad2 is jail broken.

Current Firmware: 4.3.3

I want to update it to 5.01.

These are the things i tried...

1) Download 5.01 firmware and shift+restore using iTunes selecting the new firmware --> Gives 3194 error
2) a) Downloaded Tinyumbrella and followed instructions in the tutorial about the blobs, last seen was with 4.3.3, 5.0 and 5.01 blobs at general page
b) Started the TSS server and put iPad2 into DFU mode while connect to computer
c) iTunes started, prompting to restore in recovery mode
d) Shift-restore with 5.01 firmware ---> Gives 1600 error
e) Closed iTunes and reopened it followed by step d ---> Gives 1600 error
f) Exited DFU mode and shift-restore ---> Gives 1600 error

I am stuck at the 1600 error and not sure what else to try.

Do I need to download the 4.3.3 firmware and shift-restore it to 4.3.3 before upgrading to 5.01?

Hope someone solved this issue with this similar problem. Thanks in advance!

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I know is we can't update to 5.0.1 at the moment until ih8sn0w releases his tool to do so which may take some time.

Your only options are 5.1 stock or 4.3.3 jb

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRager said:
From what I know is we can't update to 5.0.1 at the moment until ih8sn0w releases his tool to do so which may take some time.

Your only options are 5.1 stock or 4.3.3 jb

Correct. You can't restore 5.0.1 to an iPad2 as things stand today, even if you have blobs.

ravenkai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question......

i downloaded the 5.0.1 ipsw
i ve been searching for about a day now and I always get an error

ive tried every solution i saw....the manual host,tinyumbrella,changing the extension to .ics nothing worked

also...ive seen a jb for 5.1 tethered but does it work for ipad 2??

btw my device is Ipad 2 4.3.5, I bought it last november and it already had that firmware and decided its time to jb only to find out its too late for that(from what I can see anyway)

any help is appreciated ^_^

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question......

i downloaded the 5.0.1 ipsw
i ve been searching for about a day now and I always get an error

ive tried every solution i saw....the manual host,tinyumbrella,changing the extension to .ics nothing worked

also...ive seen a jb for 5.1 tethered but does it work for ipad 2??

btw my device is Ipad 2 4.3.5, I bought it last november and it already had that firmware and decided its time to jb only to find out its too late for that(from what I can see anyway)

any help is appreciated ^_^

I'm sorry, but you cannot put iOS 5.0.1 on that iPad2. The only iOS you can put on, at this time, is iOS 5.1, which is not jail breakable ... yet.

The tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is for the iPad1 only. The iPad1 can be jail broken at any iOS (tethered or untethered); the newer iPads can't (again, yet ... though we all hope).

Bottom line, there is no option to you at this time to jail break that iPad. So, honestly? My recommendation is that you go ahead and upgrade to iOS 5.1 and join the rest of the gang waiting for a jail break of that version. That way, you can enjoy iOS 5 goodness, which has got a lot going for it. Also, I believe the odds are we'll see a jail break for 5.1 l-o-n-g before we'll see one for 4.3.5.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But, it is what it is. :)

Marilyn

ravenkai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sigh........i guess that the only choice then....i guess ill update to 5.1 before i regret not updating(like now....i regret not updating to iOS 5) well...that was because I thought 4.3.5 was jailbreakable and that iOS 5 isnt T_T
oh well...

btw i have another question can I use the 5.1 on this site to update????
cuz Itunes is gay....i try to "download only" and everytime i try to pause it, it returns to 0%

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use the iOS 5.1 we provide here.

The easiest way to do it is to download the firmware (appropriate for your device) and then put your iPad into DFU mode to do the restore.

Rather than me re-type the instructions, have a look at this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?p=361477

Good luck. Do let us know how you get on. And, keep an eye on this section for the latest news on Jailbreaking 5.1. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon...

Marilyn

jwsninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx dude i tried doing this before but I had crappy instructions to follow and it didn't work and these instructions r sooooo much better.

boxerboys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as i start to jailbreak my ipad 2 device (5.01) it says that "The attached device has a backup password set. You need to disable the backup password in Itunes before you continue. Start iTunes,remove the backup password and start this program again."
I know this was from a few months ago, but what was the resolution to this? I am experiencing the same thing with the encrypted backup password.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts