What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The reason why everybody is having problems is that they don't read instructions properly, it's been noted a lot of times (including myself) that you must do the jailbreak on a fully clean install of ios 5.0.1, i Jailbroke 2 devices an each time it took 2 mins!

This may well be the collective wisdom we acquire over time and then I'm sure the various instructions and tutorials will be updated to reflect this approach if it becomes recognised as the better approach.

The approach I took was influenced by the instructions on the Absinthe Windows GUI which indicated that a backup was recommended NOT a restore to virgin iOS, and f4780y's tutorial that indicates he'd successfully performed the JB on a loaded iPad.

Like most people, I look upon relying on a backup as a last resort as I've had backup recoveries fail in the past.

So I prefer to be guided by those, e.g. f4780y, who are far more experienced than I and most of other forum contributers, because I'm confident that those experienced guys provide the best advice and would update their guidance appropriately at the right time when they see enough collective wisdom to warrant it.

In the mean time I'm happy to experience and document some of my own setbacks in the hope that it provides a POSITIVE contribution to the collective wisdom of this forum and will help others.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
The two offending tweaks I had were MakeItMine and NoFolderBadge. Once I removed these and rebooted all was back to normal.
Use fake operator instead of makeitmine works perfectly

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daffie said:
Anyone know whether **Edited by Moderator **works on this JB without problems? Thanks.

Maybe you should read the hacking section rules..

Last edited by a moderator:

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind, I already removed my post :)

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
daffie said:
Anyone know whether **Edited by Moderator** works on this JB without problems? Thanks.
Don't be a pirate!

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too Late ~ it was reported that you are a Pirate! Now we know. Read those rules.
I didn't mean to be out of order, and I apologize for it.

Okay. Apparently you still have not read IPF rules. The rest of your post here that was deleted should have been addressed VIA PM.

Back on topic!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyway to lock my ipad from pc use via itunes? I mean when we connect our ipad to a itunes via pc then we can do a lot of stuff to it..like putting documents,movies songs...but then anyone can do that! Isnt there any method so that we can set a password or lock it once it gets connected to pc and asks for the appropriate password to open?

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't mean to be out of order, and I apologize for it.

Okay. Apparently you still have not read IPF rules. The rest of your post here that was deleted should have been addressed VIA PM.

Back on topic!

Will do!

This may well be the collective wisdom we acquire over time and then I'm sure the various instructions and tutorials will be updated to reflect this approach if it becomes recognised as the better approach.

The approach I took was influenced by the instructions on the Absinthe Windows GUI which indicated that a backup was recommended NOT a restore to virgin iOS, and f4780y's tutorial that indicates he'd successfully performed the JB on a loaded iPad.

Like most people, I look upon relying on a backup as a last resort as I've had backup recoveries fail in the past.

So I prefer to be guided by those, e.g. f4780y, who are far more experienced than I and most of other forum contributers, because I'm confident that those experienced guys provide the best advice and would update their guidance appropriately at the right time when they see enough collective wisdom to warrant it.

In the mean time I'm happy to experience and document some of my own setbacks in the hope that it provides a POSITIVE contribution to the collective wisdom of this forum and will help others.

I echo this sentiment. I too, followed f4780y's instructions and the provided links to tutorial for CLI version, and although I have never done the CLI thing before, it was very very easy. My Ipad2 was JB-en within minutes. Just make sure that you follow the steps, don't panic, and ask around in here for support.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jenningsville said:

I wasn't having a go, and I'm sorry if I offended you, I too have had backup problems in the past so I feel for you. To be fair to you and others the actual instructions never mentioned that a full restore was needed its just something that I picked up while researching, and I came across the general consensus that a restore was required to ensure a smooth jailbreak. :)

sassyhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice apps..my3g, 3g unrestrictor, mxtube, freemusic download, imikimi and jotter.

yucatecd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Gurus,
I am grateful to those whose ingenuity takes them where I can't go. I hope someone is still working so I can open Absinthe on my Mac ibook G4 10.5.8.

Donald McCaig

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey anyone know why my flash player showing error after installing it from frash cydia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts