What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mejdejos said:
Hi everyone!
I got a problem with my ipad2. Upgraded my soft to 5.1.1 yesterday and I hate it. My 3G has gone crazy. It goes from full reception to 1 bar in places where before it was full non stop. Even if it's full internet keeps dropping and slowing down. I listtoad audio a lot and it's impossible now even when reception indicator is full. It plays for 30s then stops for 20 or just stop playing at all. Before the update it wasn't an issue at all. Never had even a slight problem with reception. It drives me absolutely crazy. Drinks on me for any ideas of solving it.

Have you tried reprovisioning your account? Settings, general, reset, subscriber services, and reprovision your account. 5.1.1 should not effect your internet at all, there have been no issues with an update that messes with your Wi-Fi or ISP so try that and see if it helps, if not call your ISP and ask there tech to look it over, maybe your Ipad2 took a crap and it's just a coincidence??? Good Luck

carter74621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2,4 iOS 5.1 (9b176), I've tried everything, is it possible to jailbreak it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No jailbreak was ever developed for iOS 5.1. If you don't have blobs for any other iOS version, the only iOS you can upgrade to is iOS 6 . You might want to consider upgrading to iOS 6 and waiting for the jailbreak there.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

mirzatarique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i have an ipad2 os 4.3.3 jailbroken , but when i try to update in dfu mode with and without tiny umbrella i get errors i want to upadte it to 5.1.1 but no luck plz any tips on how to update to 5.1.1. I dont have any shsh blob saved i just bought a second one

Ur help will be highly appreaciated

Tqm

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi i have an ipad2 os 4.3.3 jailbroken , but when i try to update in dfu mode with and without tiny umbrella i get errors i want to upadte it to 5.1.1 but no luck plz any tips on how to update to 5.1.1. I dont have any shsh blob saved i just bought a second one

Ur help will be highly appreaciated

Tqm

I'm sorry, but at this time, there is no process that will allow you to install any iOS (except the most current one) if you don't have the SHSH blobs. None. And, blobs are specific to a device, so you can't use another.

However, with that device that is jailbroken, check Cydia and see if any blobs were saved for you when you visited it. They'll be listed at the top of the main Cydia page (in green). What versions are listed there?

Marilyn

mirzatarique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I'm sorry, but at this time, there is no process that will allow you to install any iOS (except the most current one) if you don't have the SHSH blobs. None. And, blobs are specific to a device, so you can't use another.

However, with that device that is jailbroken, check Cydia and see if any blobs were saved for you when you visited it. They'll be listed at the top of the main Cydia page (in green). What versions are listed there?

Marilyn

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply i wasnt expecting that soon but too bad i dont see any saved shsh blobs in cydia like i do in my iphone cydia so i guess i can only wait for the osx 6 jailbreak for my next update

Thanks anyways

Tqm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts