What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and then ran TinyUmbrella 5.11.01 but it is showing 2 ipads under connected Devices. Its been a while since I save SSH Blobs (5.0.1 days) but I do not remember it showing 2 ipad devices. Is this normal?

kakikukeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
There is no reason that I know of to not upgrade your iPad to 5.1.1 right now. OTA is simple if available to you. It's solid and it works.

Fully supports here. I didnt jb my ipad2 until recently. Am enjoying the best of both worlds now from my ipad. U shud really make the best out of your ipad. How? Jailbreak it, of course! =D

kakikukeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRager said:
Read the first post of this thread my friend, it explains all

Thanks iRager. I was confused before this at jailbreaking. Tried Redsnow, but failed. Absinthe worked so well on my unjb ipad2 wifi ios 5.1.1. tq all! =D

meomeo986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im running 4.3.3 Jailbroken Ipad 2 3G, and now I want to get 5.1.1 JB... Should I update via itunes to 5.1.1, and then JB it following the 1st post guidance?

Also, i heard that ios 6 was JB already, do you guys think we should wait for it?

Thank you so much :)

//eidt: im sorry, just seen the last few posts up. Im updating right away :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
meomeo986 said:
Im running 4.3.3 Jailbroken Ipad 2 3G, and now I want to get 5.1.1 JB... Should I update via itunes to 5.1.1, and then JB it following the 1st post guidance?

Also, i heard that ios 6 was JB already, do you guys think we should wait for it?

Thank you so much :)

//eidt: im sorry, just seen the last few posts up. Im updating right away :)

If iOS 6 turns out to not have a jailbreak then you may miss out on 5.1.1 also

Do the update

Yes.
0. Backup!!!
1. Update through iTunes to 5.1.1
2. Restore.
3. Backup the Unjailbreaked version you will restore from this once you are jailbreaked again
4. Go to settings and reset all data and settings
5. Use absinthe 2.04 to jailbreak.
6. Restore your backup.

Should take no longer than 2 hours.

BartuHTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't remember anything mentioned like pre-jailbroken? I got bored and stopped watching the keynote in the middle :D

Swiped with HTC Trace on Desire S using Fallout 2 with HTC Sense 4
I also have an iPad 2 iOS5.1.1, jailbroken by pod2g.

aljon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a jailbroken ipad 2 on 5.0.1, can i restore it directly to 5.1.1?

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friends ipad 3,3 can't be detected by absinthe, anyone expieriences this also for same new ipad? Ithought all ipads are now jailbreakable?

nixuspix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c_strong said:
My friends ipad 3,3 can't be detected by absinthe, anyone expieriences this also for same new ipad? Ithought all ipads are now jailbreakable?

i have ipad 3_3 and have had no any problem with detecting and jailbreaking

imuhawa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPad2, running on iOS 4.3.5 (8L1) baseband 4.10.01..
I want to update and jailbreak it without locking it.. (if the baseband is actually locked).. Help?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPad2, running on iOS 4.3.5 (8L1) baseband 4.10.01..
I want to update and jailbreak it without locking it.. (if the baseband is actually locked).. Help?

Your iPad should not be carrier locked so you don't have anything to worry about as regards baseband. There are no "unlockable" iPad2 basebands anyway. You tend to not need to preserve the baseband, unlike the iPhone world.

Simply connect to iTunes and update to 5.1.1.

Hope that helps.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Likely to be a problem with the PC. The iPad should be detected OK, regardless of model. Does iTunes detect it?

imuhawa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Your iPad should not be carrier locked so you don't have anything to worry about as regards baseband. There are no "unlockable" iPad2 basebands anyway. You tend to not need to preserve the baseband, unlike the iPhone world.

Simply connect to iTunes and update to 5.1.1.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the early reply!
So in don't have to worry about gevey sims and ultra snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts