What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been fighting getting my Ipad2 jailbroken since about 2pm - was camping this weekend and missed the leak............anyways, was trying to spoof things myself to allow cydia to install, and came across a youtube video explaining just how to do it.........search youtube - get around 403 error - took about 30 min and now Ive got a Jailbroken Ipad 2!!!! Apparently this only works on 4.3 wifi - so if you have your blobs saved - downgrade and wait no more!!!

Do you have to have the blobs saved? What if your on 4.3 without the blobs saved, will this work?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Do you have to have the blobs saved? What if your on 4.3 without the blobs saved, will this work?

Blobs are only relevant where you need to restore a firmware version which is not the current one, and on top of that, they cannot currently be used for iPad2 3G/CDMA models. Read the FAQ sticky on the subject for more details.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not going to try something that seems a little complicated through google conversion text, but great that they figured it out because surely a proper English guide will be made and it will be an option if the official release isn't tomorrow.

I'm going to go ahead and buy into those emails for now and think it will happen tomorrow though, hope it's not disappointment day #100 and something.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:

Blobs are only relevant where you need to restore a firmware version which is not the current one, and on top of that, they cannot currently be used for iPad2 3G/CDMA models. Read the FAQ sticky on the subject for more details.

Ok, stupid question on my part :) I'm on 4.3 but don't have the blobs and missed the window. I wasn't sure by their post if I had to have the blobs in addition to being on 4.3. Will gamble and try... wish me luck.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I read about this new software released which can save ur current firmware blobs even if they are not signed by apple. Google it guys!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I read about this new software released which can save ur current firmware blobs even if they are not signed by apple. Google it guys!

That's called iFaith by the @ih8sn0w team.
Guess what? It's not compatible with the iPad 2 :'(

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does this have to do with hardware diff as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Does this have to do with hardware diff as well?

It is covered in the SHSH Blob FAQ. I really wish you guys would start to search and read the rich content which is contained in this site! iFaith does not work on a device which does not have an iBoot or lower vulnerability. i.e. the iPad2!

READ!

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw a 'leaked email' between comex and will stating that the jailbreak will be released tomorrow...me thinks this email may be a fake! Has anybody else seen it?

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
I hope its real.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

We can only hope! I just want a jailbreak now getting tired of waiting and hearing no news!

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I video from that Russian site I wrote earlier today.
It runs on 4.3.3 8j2 model.

You can see in the left menu "сотовые данные" which means "cellular". I have only 3G model and my iPad has this menu. But what about Wifi models? Do they have that in Settings? If no - it means that 3G model is in the video.

What do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46rnaagBYo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Ipad2‬‏[/ame]

illustratoor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you Google jailbreakme, you'll notice that jailbreakme 3 has dissapeared from the searchresults. Jailbreakme 2 ( the former STAR) is now the first search result. (untill yesterday it came second after jailbreakme 3)
It all comes down to the same site off course, but it might be an indication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts