What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It bypasses apple security and installs a program called cydia. From there you can download apps that are not approved by apple and thus do things not possible without a jailbreak.

It had some more key uses on the iPhone, but on the iPad it allows things like much greater customization of the user interface, running iPhone apps in retina resolution rather than 2x, tethering stuff, emulators, quick access menus and dozens of other things. People also use it to pirate official apps but obviously that's illegal, where as the rest is not.

Search "top Cydia apps" in google if you want to see some of the things available. Of course, as you can see we are still waiting for the iPad 2 jailbreak.

Last edited:

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple doesn't release 4.3.4 in a few days that patches the vulnerability in this jailbreak, we will know it is the vulnerability from 4.3 that they supposedly did patch.

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the jailbreak since it was leaked that morning and I've had no issues except Airplane mode doesn't work.. Everything else works great. Just as good as every other jailbreak I've used.

iMyiPad2

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple doesn't release 4.3.4 in a few days that patches the vulnerability in this jailbreak, we will know it is the vulnerability from 4.3 that they supposedly did patch.

Huh? The vulnerability in 4.3 WAS patched in 4.3.1. Even if Apple does release a patch it's no big deal as long as you don't update to it. Apple would more than likely release a patch after comex released the official JB even if the beta never got leaked.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the jailbreak since it was leaked that morning and I've had no issues except Airplane mode doesn't work.. Everything else works great. Just as good as every other jailbreak I've used.

iMyiPad2

Curious about one thing. Folks who were able to jailbreak, some reported that when they went to a different location and tried to get on another wifi they were unable to regardless if it was not locked and if they had the password for the secured ones, have you tried this?

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember that the original 4.3 jb was never distributed to the public due to legal reasons, as It had apple code in it. Would a leak be the only way to circulate it?

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt because he's not trust worthy, but the guy who posted the leak has now posted an email exchange on the mac rumors forum with Comex (supposedly) where Comex says he was gearing up for release and the leak will have cost 2 days of response time from apple, implying that he does intend to launch it on July 4th

Well see...

Last edited:

stingray1059

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found a bug in my ipad 2, it shows incorrect password on some acess points even if i typed the correct password.
it happened after i jailbroken my ipad2.

i tried pressing reset network settings and its still the same.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3 Jailbreak if you cant wait for official

Ive been fighting getting my Ipad2 jailbroken since about 2pm - was camping this weekend and missed the leak............anyways, was trying to spoof things myself to allow cydia to install, and came across a youtube video explaining just how to do it.........search youtube - get around 403 error - took about 30 min and now Ive got a Jailbroken Ipad 2!!!! Apparently this only works on 4.3 wifi - so if you have your blobs saved - downgrade and wait no more!!!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt because he's not trust worthy, but the guy who posted the leak has now posted an email exchange on the mac rumors forum with Comex (supposedly) where Comex says he was gearing up for release and the leak will have cost 2 days of response time from apple, implying that he does intend to launch it on July 4th

Well see...

Yeah I saw those alleged emails..dont know what to think..why would Comex have communications with the guy who stole his stuff..who knows if its true..I guess we will just have to see what happens tomorrow..if its true it will be a very happy day indeed

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found a bug in my ipad 2, it shows incorrect password on some acess points even if i typed the correct password.
it happened after i jailbroken my ipad2.

i tried pressing reset network settings and its still the same.

You mean if you go to different wifi locations you have problems connecting? I've seen a few comments regarding this issue but wasn't sure if it was a legit problem or just an issue for very few people.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't tested that yet, but the guys from RU claims that it works with 4.3.3 and 3G models as well.
They say that JB works perfectly on:
iPad2 4.3.3 16Gb Wifi
iPad2 4.3.3 16Gb Wifi+3G Verzion
iPad2 4.3.3 32Gb Wifi+3G ATT
IPad2 4.3.3 64Gb Wifi+3G ATT

And there're instructions provided how to get it working (you will need a linux machine at home; don't think it's a problem... you can install ubuntu on virtual box or vmware server).

Source: http://www.iguides.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=28679

Translated with google: Google Translate

EDIT:

There're more instructions in that forum how to make it running under Windows or MAC.

Anyway.. if anybody could try that with 4.3.3 3G - would be very nice. I just can't do it in my office for obvious reasons :D :D

If you have problems reading in russian or google translate is unreadable, just copy paste the russian part and I will help with the translation as I know that language a bit.

EDIT2:

Looks like fake. Somebody replied to that forum that it doesn't work on 3G models. Will wait for a response from author of that thread. Because he wrote that 3G models are supported.

Last edited:

Tanakmonitor

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well see...

Screenshot of those emails
ReleaseDate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts