What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Actually Musclenerd came on this forum weeks ago and said without any shadow of a doubt that the jailbreak was for 4.3.1-4.3.3 so of course many people updated assuming what he was saying was the truth..now my iPad 2 came with 4.3.3 so of course I have no choice but to stay on what I already have otherwise I would have downgraded a long time ago

True, but just as soon as someone asked him if they should update his answer was "its your ipad, so its your choice. I take no responsability..." .
As always...

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

I tell ya what, its the rumors that have been circulating on twitter and other sites that have gotten me the most upset. I don't mind waiting for the jailbreak to come, if it takes another week so be it..but its the constant rumors about this whole thing being a giant scam that worries me. All over twitter people are accusing both Comex and Musclenerd of being liars and neither have them have said anything about it. I tell ya, if someone accused me of being a liar I'd want to clear my name yet they say nothing..sometimes the silence CAN be deafening..I will of course continue to hope for the best but when this is all said and done I hope I wasn't made to look like a giant fool

illustratoor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:
I think Comex isn't even going to release a 4.31-4.33 jailbreak now.

I think this "leak" was all planned... '

Comex tweets "maybe no one tested it"
The Next day a pdf is leaked to the world
The leak only works for 4.3, and his other exploit method was patched in 4.3.1
Comex uses the what i believe to be 'fake' leak to soon cancel the 4.3.1-4.3.3 jailbreak so it doesn't look like he failed, and I think he's been planning this all the time for publicity.

And then we're going to be left without a jailbreak

I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories and i'm sure there WILL be a jailbreak by Comex soon. But i have to agree with you that, at least, it smells a bit like set up. I think guys like Comex and Musclenerd are far too intelligent to just let two nobodies find the jailbreak beta. Certainly not after what happened with the earlier 4.3 jailbreak leak which was patched with 4.3.1. Security is somehow a part of what they are doing and dealing with ...If you put two and two together, only a bugy 4.3 jailbreak, the rest of the files were also listed but didn't work, the tweets by comex, the leak shortly after, ....i think somehow they are pulling Apple a leg. It is just a thought. I'm sure we will know more pretty soon ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
illustratoor said:
I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories and i'm sure there WILL be a jailbreak by Comex soon. But i have to agree with you that, at least, it smells a bit like set up. I think guys like Comex and Musclenerd are far too intelligent to just let two nobodies find the jailbreak beta. Certainly not after what happened with the earlier 4.3 jailbreak leak which was patched with 4.3.1. Security is somehow a part of what they are doing and dealing with ...If you put two and two together, only a bugy 4.3 jailbreak, the rest of the files were also listed but didn't work, the tweets by comex, the leak shortly after, ....i think somehow they are pulling Apple a leg. It is just a thought. I'm sure we will know more pretty soon ;)

That's my theory also.. A ploy to get Apple to show it's hand and patch the leaked version, so they can then build something that defeats or beats the patch..

Kinda like testing the perimeter defenses.. Send out your weakest warriors to see how the enemy responds, or to see if they give their best shot, then you reassess your attack based on how (or how drastically) they bite...

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do ppl say 3.4 is buggy? It's only buggy if you don't have ipad2 WIFI ONLY!!! Model on 3.40 firmware...

I have extensively used sbsettings, activator and various other cydia apps all bug free! Serious!

The free memory indicator is on average 295mb - on iPad 1 it was about 95mb,
The extra horsepower is defiantly obvious now in the latest installed apps :p

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi model (3.40) :D

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
illustratoor said:

That's my theory also.. A ploy to get Apple to show it's hand and patch the leaked version, so they can then build something that defeats or beats the patch..

Kinda like testing the perimeter defenses.. Send out your weakest warriors to see how the enemy responds, or to see if they give their best shot, then you reassess your attack based on how (or how drastically) they bite...

That's assuming that Apple even releases a firmware update..maybe they won't and they will just focus their attention on IOS 5..then what, will Comex and Musclenerd release the darn jailbreak once they realize Apple doesn't care about what they did..This is what is weird, so the jailbreak works for 4.3..I saw the file list, it shows the other firmwares too, how come this leaked jailbreak didn't work for the other firmwares even though they were listed, only 4.3..the whole thing is strange but I agree that what happened yesterday was NO coincidence, it was planned. Comex is a hacker, he would know to secure his stuff, he wouldn't allow two complete strangers to get hold of his stuff and it all happened yesterday, the day after Comex tweeted about how no one had seen it yet

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way has anyone who jail broke tried the N64 emulator? Curious if the extra speed is enough to get it to run smoothly since it looked choppy on the iPad 1 videos I've seen.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Why do ppl say 3.4 is buggy? It's only buggy if you don't have ipad2 WIFI ONLY!!! Model on 3.40 firmware...

I have extensively used sbsettings, activator and various other cydia apps all bug free! Serious!

It lessens the pain of them not having ANY jailbreak, to be able to say that we have a flawed one.. lol

I'm just kidding.. I'd take a partially flawed jailbreak, if that were the case, over NO jailbreak at this point.. But I haven't found a flaw in this one yet, only minor hurdles which we've corrected..

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:

It lessens the pain of them not having ANY jailbreak, to be able to say that we have a flawed one.. lol

I'm just kidding.. I'd take a partially flawed jailbreak, if that were the case, over NO jailbreak at this point.. But I haven't found a flaw in this one yet, only minor hurdles which we've corrected..

Just wanna say again how lucky you are..seriously..mega jealous :(

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
That's assuming that Apple even releases a firmware update..maybe they won't and they will just focus their attention on IOS 5..then what, will Comex and Musclenerd release the darn jailbreak once they realize Apple doesn't care about what they did..This is what is weird, so the jailbreak works for 4.3..I saw the file list, it shows the other firmwares too, how come this leaked jailbreak didn't work for the other firmwares even though they were listed, only 4.3..the whole thing is strange but I agree that what happened yesterday was NO coincidence, it was planned. Comex is a hacker, he would know to secure his stuff, he wouldn't allow two complete strangers to get hold of his stuff and it all happened yesterday, the day after Comex tweeted about how no one had seen it yet

The smart play would be to release the one with the least likelihood to make an impact on your overall plans, and let Apple chase that one, while you sure up the one you REALLY want to be your pride and joy..

I'm guessing it's more 4.3.1-4.3.3 users than 4.3.0, so you run that out as a feeler and let Apple block that, get their patch and strip it down to see exactly what they did (test their defenses) and build against it in the versions that count..

It's what I'd do..

Hopefully, they're playing chess, not checkers... You don't send your king or queen into early battle.. That's what rooks and pawns are for..

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

The smart play would be to release the one with the least likelihood to make an impact on your overall plans, and let Apple chase that one, while you sure up the one you REALLY want to be your pride and joy..

I'm guessing it's more 4.3.1-4.3.3 users than 4.3.0, so you run that out as a feeler and let Apple block that, get their patch and strip it down to see exactly what they did (test their defenses) and build against it in the versions that count..

It's what I'd do..

Hopefully, they're playing chess, not checkers... You don't send your king or queen into early battle.. That's what rooks and pawns are for..

You could be right, because most people now have 4.3.3, NOT 4.3..so at the end, yes I Hope your right, because it would mean I can still jailbreak my iPad 2..I hope so because I look at my device and I read about all those that have been able to jailbreak and your just so lucky! I wonder how long it will take Apple to test their defenses so we find out when we get the rest of this darn jailbreak. I want to have a jailbroken iPad too

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way has anyone who jail broke tried the N64 emulator? Curious if the extra speed is enough to get it to run smoothly since it looked choppy on the iPad 1 videos I've seen.

LOL.

I wanted to use a nes emulator for my circuit-bending music projects, but the N64 input has what? 8 buttons? 10? I'd be horrified to see that with a touch screen, lol!

jamesandyori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

It's what I'd do..

I want to have a jailbroken iPad too

Me too!

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL.

I wanted to use a nes emulator for my circuit-bending music projects, but the N64 input has what? 8 buttons? 10? I'd be horrified to see that with a touch screen, lol!

Heh, plenty of games only need two or three and you can connect a controller through a wiimote. The video I saw didn't even have all the buttons mapped. I doubt I'd use it much anyway, but things like nes obviously ran well on the iPad already so there's no point in asking if they were improved much by the speed.....

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL.

Heh, plenty of games only need two or three and you can connect a controller through a wiimote. The video I saw didn't even have all the buttons mapped. I doubt I'd use it much anyway, but things like nes obviously ran well on the iPad already so there's no point in asking if they were improved much by the speed.....

The wiimote...connects to my iPad? o_O

I WANT THIS JAILBREAK NOWWW!!! :D

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah its Bluetooth and most emulators added support for it. However it doesnt have many buttons so for anything More you can connect a classic controller to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts