What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Comex isn't even going to release a 4.31-4.33 jailbreak now.

I think this "leak" was all planned... '

Comex tweets "maybe no one tested it"
The Next day a pdf is leaked to the world
The leak only works for 4.3, and his other exploit method was patched in 4.3.1
Comex uses the what i believe to be 'fake' leak to soon cancel the 4.3.1-4.3.3 jailbreak so it doesn't look like he failed, and I think he's been planning this all the time for publicity.

And then we're going to be left without a jailbreak

How about we lay off the conspiracy theories and wait until something points us in one single direction?

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Comex isn't even going to release a 4.31-4.33 jailbreak now.

I think this "leak" was all planned... '

Comex tweets "maybe no one tested it"
The Next day a pdf is leaked to the world
The leak only works for 4.3, and his other exploit method was patched in 4.3.1
Comex uses the what i believe to be 'fake' leak to soon cancel the 4.3.1-4.3.3 jailbreak so it doesn't look like he failed, and I think he's been planning this all the time for publicity.

And then we're going to be left without a jailbreak

How about we lay off the conspiracy theories and wait until something points us in one single direction?

Damn I seriously hope that is not true..it would make both Musclenerd and Comex to be liars and I hope that isn't the case

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
Hey keepitchif - thats the site that did not work for me - dont think you can link from here though.....

:( are u on 4.3.0?? If so do u want the PDF file?

The PDF file is useless regardless what firmware your on (even though it only worked on 4.3 wifi model) because Cydia is blocking it.

Can someone explain this to me? I have it and am able to get on Cydia without a hitch.. Do the new jailbreakers have to authenticate or something?

I guess what I'm asking is how an I in, but they aren't?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silent Assassin said:
Can someone explain this to me? I have it and am able to get on Cydia without a hitch.. Do the new jailbreakers have to authenticate or something?

I guess what I'm asking is how an I in, but they aren't?

New jailbreakers are locked out of Cydia.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how do we spoof things to allow the cydia download - looks like its tied to the jb pdf or something on the Ipad2

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far rumor has it that comex 3.40 jb was patched by apple at first release, but was unable to JB thereafter.. So then a leak (with successful 3.40) was planned to gain interest on his usual website- so that it could be sold at auction to highest bidder..

What I want to know is where is @musclenerd, @bile & co these days? Now that we need further clarification!

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe the conspiracy, but Id be pretty mad if it were true because I kept 4.3.0 for months until Comex specifically said he had 4.3.3 working, Id be jail broken right now if I hadnt updated, I was on when the leak hit...

I expect the official release within a week, otherwise Comex's "almost there" tweets are ridiculous.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:
I don't believe the conspiracy, but Id be pretty mad if it were true because I kept 4.3.0 for months until Comex specifically said he had 4.3.3 working, Id be jail broken right now if I hadnt updated, I was on when the leak hit...

I expect the official release within a week, otherwise Comex's "almost there" tweets are ridiculous.

No one told you to update. If anything they told people not to update...

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure the safest thing to do is not update until an actual release, but pfft come on there is nothing wrong with believing one of the most well known, respected developers when he explicitly stats his nearly done jailbreak will work on a 4.3.3. And I'm only talking about the conspiracy that he was flat out lying, that can't be annoying?

But again, I still fully expect the jailbreak to be released and it will be fine.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:

No one told you to update. If anything they told people not to update...

Actually Musclenerd came on this forum weeks ago and said without any shadow of a doubt that the jailbreak was for 4.3.1-4.3.3 so of course many people updated assuming what he was saying was the truth..now my iPad 2 came with 4.3.3 so of course I have no choice but to stay on what I already have otherwise I would have downgraded a long time ago

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Actually Musclenerd came on this forum weeks ago and said without any shadow of a doubt that the jailbreak was for 4.3.1-4.3.3 so of course many people updated assuming what he was saying was the truth..now my iPad 2 came with 4.3.3 so of course I have no choice but to stay on what I already have otherwise I would have downgraded a long time ago

True, but just as soon as someone asked him if they should update his answer was "its your ipad, so its your choice. I take no responsability..." .
As always...

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:

I thought everyone in the jailbreak community advised against updating AT ALL.. That's the main reason I still have 4.3.0.. I've had my iPad 2 since about 3 days after launch day, and have had the opportunity to update twice, but sat still both times.. Today, I'm glad I did..

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions