What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BaloErets said:
Saurik and Comex are Definately NOT in cahoots. Saurik is a very respected member of the community, and this is what leads me to believe that any idea of this being a publicity stunt is typical conspiracy theory...

Most likely is that Saurik equally respects the work that Comex has done, and therefore condones the leak. It is always possible that Comex asked Saurik to block the leaked JB, but that's not being in cahoots. That's simply a matter of being respectful.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Agreed...

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luck you!!!

Lakerfanalways said:
Safari doesn't even work with the beta jailbreak for those who have 4.3..if I had 4.3 I wouldn't want to jailbreak something that made Safari not work so that could be the main bug that Comex is trying to fix..because not having Safari work that isnt a jailbreak, thats a nightmare

Word? Safari doesn't work?? Well please don't tell mine, because it's been working just fine since I jailbroke.. I'd hate for it to stop knowing that others have..

Proof.. Taken a minute ago...

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3)..
Nice - I am jealous!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Safari doesn't even work with the beta jailbreak for those who have 4.3..if I had 4.3 I wouldn't want to jailbreak something that made Safari not work so that could be the main bug that Comex is trying to fix..because not having Safari work that isnt a jailbreak, thats a nightmare

Word? Safari doesn't work?? Well please don't tell mine, because it's been working just fine since I jailbroke.. I'd hate for it to stop knowing that others have..

Proof.. Taken a minute ago...

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3)..

Someone told me that theirs is constantly crashing on them and their boot up takes forever so that is where I got my info from, since I dont have 4.3 I obviously can't check
Oh and your SO LUCKY just wanted to say that too

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
Hey keepitchif - thats the site that did not work for me - dont think you can link from here though.....

:( are u on 4.3.0?? If so do u want the PDF file?

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Someone told me that theirs is constantly crashing on them and their boot up takes forever so that is where I got my info from, since I dont have 4.3 I obviously can't check

Oh okay.. Works wonderfully over here.. The only consistent issues I have encountered were SBSettings not loading because of Activator, which has been remedied, and Airplane Mode, which has also been remedied..

I believe someone mentioned some SSH issues, but I don't do that, so I can't confirm nor deny those problems..

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Oh okay.. Works wonderfully over here.. The only consistent issues I have encountered were SBSettings not loading because of Activator, which has been remedied, and Airplane Mode, which has also been remedied..

I believe someone mentioned some SSH issues, but I don't do that, so I can't confirm nor deny those problems..

I could live with that:)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountaingamer said:
Hey keepitchif - thats the site that did not work for me - dont think you can link from here though.....

:( are u on 4.3.0?? If so do u want the PDF file?

The PDF file is useless regardless what firmware your on (even though it only worked on 4.3 wifi model) because Cydia is blocking it.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Yep, no probs with crashing here too :)

@silent assassin

How do you findntime to post so much on this forum when you have just JAILBROKEN your iPad 2 just yesterday? I mean, I hardly slept last night & I have to tear myself away just to check this forum occasionally, sooo much to do on the ipad2 since I jailbroke it yesterday morning!

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS

Ultimately, Comex can either show his hand and prove the leaker wrong by releasing the bigger badder jailbreak which works for all iOS versions and be the hero, OR, cry foul then take his toys and go home.. After allegedly working tirelessly for MONTHS...

Which do y'all really believe he'll do?

Comex owes, you, me, or anyone else nothing. Not like he is under contract to do this. And yes, like I said I am ot looking for anything to come out, if it does its a bonus, if not, I am not disappointed.

Let me try and see if we can make a good anology for this iPad2 JB business --

You have a neighbor who is a knowledgeable electrician. You have a electric panel which, if properly reconfigured/redesigned/rewired, can give you much more flexibility to upgrade your house appliances or expand rooms, etc. You don't really need to get this done since your house is functioning properly -- just something nice and convenient to have. Now he absolutely owes you nothing, legally or morally, since he is just a neighbor of yours.

One day you were chatting with her after shoveling the snow (which happens here quite often here in the winter). Somehow this electric panel thingbcame up and she said to you "please give me a electric blue print, your future expansion plan and I will see what I can do". You did just that.

Sonw came and go. She once a while gave you updates on the progress -- threw something like:

"The original design looks interesting and have some limitations"
"I am really busy recently"
"........."
"******"

And after the 4th snow

"I am finally getting close to figuring out the logics behind the original design"

"I find it really amazing the electrician used this type of wire.."

"The breaker in your basement is a overkill"

"There should be reasonable amount of modification feasible"

"This redesign should cover both your needs, room expansion and appliances upgrades"

After the 3rd snow (of the 2nd year)

"There is a new electric code just may prevent us from doing what you want with your panel"

"There may be a workaround that we can use"

"I think we are getting closer to actually start designing the new blue-print"

"I may have to charge for this... Just kidding.."

"Another hurdle overcome regarding your new design"

This saga goes on and on to the 3rd snow of the 3rd winter with no sign of final solution..

Now she still absolutely owes you nothing legally. But morally you can't stop wondering ...

"why doesn't she tell me what's really going on"
Or "Give me an estimate when this is gonna happen"
Or even just a plain " I don't really have time for this.."
"The circuit is too old to be remedied"
"I already told her that I have no problem paying her.."

And this reminds me the conversation I had with iOS (I Oliver Stone), director of the film-to-be (The fall of io10lOs), who insisted there are things/signs don't smell quite right. He actually said monkey business I believe and that was about a month ago when he first read the forum articles. Now I start to understand what he meant then.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Comex isn't even going to release a 4.31-4.33 jailbreak now.

I think this "leak" was all planned... '

Comex tweets "maybe no one tested it"
The Next day a pdf is leaked to the world
The leak only works for 4.3, and his other exploit method was patched in 4.3.1
Comex uses the what i believe to be 'fake' leak to soon cancel the 4.3.1-4.3.3 jailbreak so it doesn't look like he failed, and I think he's been planning this all the time for publicity.

And then we're going to be left without a jailbreak

Last edited:

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth, I'd like to thank Comex for the 4.3.0 version..

Leaked or not, it's awesome for what I need it for.. If none is ever released for the other versions and I see a market for my now jailbroken iPad 2, I may try to turn a buck or two..

Just kidding, I'm keeping mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts