What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
baddudevsninja said:
How long does it take to install because it's just stuck on preparing activator for me.

It did that to me to then I just turned my iPad off, then turn back on and go in to Cydia and it should be in your changes as an update. That's what happened to me.

FREE MY iPAD2  @D_LA_ROC ;)

RottenKid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the last post on Ryan Lobbin's blog... I really hope that he is 16 years old because the quote "only 10% percent is my fault" is very puerile and " I was just curious" is surely no excuse.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
I know this has probably been discussed before and I apologise for going over old ground.......
Comex says to save your version 4.3.3 with tinyumbrella, but my version is 4.3.2, should I now update on iTunes to 4.3.3 and save or stick with my 4.3.2?
Sorry I know this sounds like a dumb question.....but I really don't know the answer.
Thanks for your time.
:)

TinyUmbrella will only save the current iOS, which is 4.3.3. However, you don't need to upgrade to 4.3.3, just stay on 4.3.2 and TU will save not only 4.3.3 but future and even beta versions too.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow...how can you save 4.3.3 blobs if you're still on 4.3.2...? TU is not cooperating with me!

ETA: Never mind. Found it!

Last edited:

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
4.3 wifi owners.. Just install sbsettings through cydia- I can confirm that activator & sbsettings work 100%, I have also reboot the pad several times. No issues. I have extensively tested the various settings since this morning and as of now NO know bugs :D - still feel I'm dreaming this though...Waited so long.
Again apologise to the rest of you guys & hope it won't be long until ur in the same happy place I am...:)

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 wifi only 3.40

u mean just direct install sbsettings without installing activator?? coz my download of activator hanged 30mins ago..

plastik2k11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[shouting removed - DM51]
The exploit being used can only be patched by Apple in future updates. Anybody with existing (non-beta) versions will be able to use this jailbreak when released, from what we can tell. Now that the exploit itself is out in public, Apple will be easily able to fix it in whatever the next update is, maybe 4.3.4 or 4.4, or whatever. But users of current versions are safe.

The current leaked JB doesn't work for anything other than 4.3.0 (aka 4.3) because the actual jailbreak programs for those versions weren't leaked in a working state from what I can tell. The PDF files that use the exploit to execute the program seem to be present and probably working (judging by the way Safari reacts to opening them), but only the jailbreak for 4.3.0 is in a somewhat working (but pre-release) state.

This whole PDF exploit reminds me a lot of one of the first PSP exploits. It used a simple .TIF image file, which I assume overflowed and allowed for non-authorised code to be run. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

BaloErets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am definitely NOT going to support this leak. I'll wait as many days/weeks that it takes if it means honoring and respecting Comex's hard work.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

If there is comex version now..

Very good point.

I also apologize to a certain extent, not for what I said, but more how I said it. I wasn't happy at all with this leak. In fact, I was extremely disappointing.

But nevertheless, I would like to stress that I have absolutely nothing against those of you who chose to use the leak. It was just a personal decision that I made and nothing against you kind folks whatsoever ;)

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RottenKid said:
What do you guys think about the last post on Ryan Lobbin's blog... I really hope that he is 16 years old because the quote "only 10% percent is my fault" is very puerile and " I was just curious" is surely no excuse.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kind of like seeing someone's car keys on their kitchen side and going in and taking the car.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3 wifi owners.. Just install sbsettings through cydia- I can confirm that activator & sbsettings work 100%, I have also reboot the pad several times. No issues. I have extensively tested the various settings since this morning and as of now NO know bugs :D - still feel I'm dreaming this though...Waited so long.
Again apologise to the rest of you guys & hope it won't be long until ur in the same happy place I am...:)

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 wifi only 3.40

u mean just direct install sbsettings without installing activator?? coz my download of activator hanged 30mins ago..

That did it to me too- (1) switch the pad off, then on again, (2) go back into cydia app (3) if it prompts u to delete any files that where only partially installed- then do so! (4) WAIT for cydia to UPDATE fully - check top loading packages until clear (5) check cydia files list/search sbsettings then install (6) respiring springboard when prompted :).

SIMPLES!

sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 4.3 wifi only model

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
techknott said:
Kind of like seeing someone's car keys on their kitchen side and going in and taking the car.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Okay I'm not saying I'm happy that it got leaked, but this jailbreak has been teased and milked for way too long by the developers. All the nonsense about elevator. TWO teasers. Seriously? To a community that you know will grab on to anything. This guy didn't claim any credit for releasing the jailbreak, he just forced their hand a little. I'm not sure what the huge deal is since they've been saying it's coming soon for like a month now.

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak using this leaked PDF, go in Cydia and install "PdfExploitWarner". iH8sn0w just told me it should still work.

iMyiPad2

tt335

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to use it. I get a 403 error after I clicked on the PDF. Comex blocked it?

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, the fact is that it wasn't his to use or take. Agreed, the teasers and everything are getting annoying now and the waiting is agony. But that still doesn't make it right.

BaloErets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
techknott said:
Doesn't really matter, the fact is that it wasn't his to use or take. Agreed, the teasers and everything are getting annoying now and the waiting is agony. But that still doesn't make it right.

+1

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem, did some reading. Best reason I got is that the pdf also acts as a link to files on a remote server. So you can still download the pdf but those files on the remote server have been removed so the pdf is essentially a dead link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts