What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am mega confused..I just woke up and I see that a jailbreak has been released but its only for 4.3..if this is Comex's release how come its not for ALL firmware..so some guy releases the jailbreak and what, we are all screwed because of it..now we have to wait longer for an official release because some jerk decided to release it to everyone??

How is he a 'jerk'? Oh, because didn't release one that works for YOUR indicidual iPad 2.. That sounds about right...

It seem as if a few of you either can't read, or are selectively reading.. Apparently the only ppl able to get it working thusfar have been the WiFi ONLY models running 4.3.. If you don't have that, stop trying, and you won't have a reason to come here waxing poetic about it not working and how you're gonna wait for Comex because this one is 'buggy'.. No, you'll wait for Comex because you don't have a choice but to wait for Comex..

And as far as 'buggy', I've been running my 32gb Wifi 4.3 model on the jailbreak for about 6 hours now, and it's been VERY stable, save for Airplane Mode not working.. That's the ONLY issue I have encountered..

I wouldnt install it if it DID work on 4.3.3 not with all of the bugs I Have been hearing about..sbsettings doesnt work..at least that is what people are reporting on twitter..so yeah even if this leaked version did work on 4.3.3 I wouldnt touch it

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unofficial or not, my iPad2 is JAILBROKE! The only thing I found that doesn't work so far is Activator which means NO SBSettings....

FREE MY iPAD2  @D_LA_ROC ;)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the only reason why Im worried is that Comex might get so pissed off that his jailbreak was leaked out to the world that he wont release it now for the rest of us..and not having sbsettings SUCKS, what gives..how come that doesnt work

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comex
Congratulations, some moron used a dictionary attack(?) to leak a buggy version and put me on a useless time limit.

comex
Let's hope the time limit isn't too short... hasn't been in the past but could always change. Everyone use TinyUmbrella and save 4.3.3.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im backing up again... Lol

Just to be sure... :p

The time limit is to the release of the remqining exploits?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What bugs? Sbsettings not working- only a matter of time before it is... anyways everything else works flawless, no issues ;)
Transferred all my apps from my ipad1 to my ipad2 - all working!

It's only the guys that are NOT using firmware 4.3 that are having issues-
I repeat ONLY 4.3 works not 4.3x or ANY 3G versions (Inc 4.3)

Posted from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi ONLY :D :D

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why it doesn't work on 3G version...I mean..my ipad is on 4.3.0, I don't have a sim card and never activated the 3G on my ipad..what makes it different of wifi only?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What bugs? Sbsettings not working- only a matter of time before it is... anyways everything else works flawless, no issues ;)
Transferred all my apps from my ipad1 to my ipad2 - all working!

It's only the guys that are NOT using firmware 4.3 that are having issues-
I repeat ONLY 4.3 works not 4.3x or ANY 3G versions (Inc 4.3)

Posted from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi ONLY :D :D

i think it takes more than 4 hours to see if there are any bugs. i'm not saying that there are loads, but i think at this point only comex and his beta testers know what bugs are in this version. so far doesn't seem like there's anything major.

still wish it had leaked for the 3g ipad too. i'll happily put up with the bugs to have jailbreak.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My ipad2 stop repond while I was installing 91 PC Suite, after that, I found my ipad2 cannot connect to PC and iTunes. I have tried to hard reset and removed those incomplete files but I still cannot connect to pc and iTunes.

Don't hijack this thread for your own support query. It's against the rules. Also, you won't get support from us on that product from us here due to their support for piracy. Please read our rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions