What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
If I go to jailbreakme it brings up a screen that says:

'Welp
Version too new. You need to downgrade to 4.0.1/3.2.1 or earlier (which may be possible, explanation) before you can use this site.
More info >>'

The URL changes to /star/ though.

What does this mean?! Before when I visited this site it came up with the snow and PDF? Sorry if I am asking silly questions, am curious!

Really, everybody should read the last 10 pages of this thread. This "thing" has been explained at least a dozen times!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry guys,

I have been trying to follow the thread but I am missing large chunks, oops!

Froznking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That screen shot of the domain was pretty exciting. Especially the ipad2. 4.3.3 part

Lol modified last may 16... Didn't doubt the jb has been done for while

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Comex has been twittering unfortunately its about other stuff and has nothing to do with the jailbreak :(

This here is bad news IMO..

Guess he is either working on it or thinks other things are more of a priority who knows..tomorrow I am upgrading my iPad 2 to the 64gb one..gotta get it quick because someone told me that Apple might stop signing 4.3.3 so the sooner the better I guess :)

BaloErets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this is what happens when we live in a world of instant gratification ;)

I'm anxious and excited as well, but part of the fun IS the waiting! Many of us are a collective group of people getting all excited together and sharing our excitement. Let's enjoy this while we can. I'm fairly certain that to some extent, it is this collective excitement that keeps the Dev teams motivated.

So let's all enjoy the wait together while we can, and then when it is released, we can all rejoice together as well!

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this is what happens when we live in a world of instant gratification ;)

I'm anxious and excited as well, but part of the fun IS the waiting! Many of us are a collective group of people getting all excited together and sharing our excitement. Let's enjoy this while we can. I'm fairly certain that to some extent, it is this collective excitement that keeps the Dev teams motivated.

So let's all enjoy the wait together while we can, and then when it is released, we can all rejoice together as well!

im with you bro.

khaledSwedy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy that i subscribed to this thread, Ive actually never waited for a jailbreak this long, i am reading every post since it all begun. I hope the wait ends soon, so we all can celebrate and enjoy our devices more :)

knobtasticus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post here and certainly my last.

I'll start by stating that this thread has two major issues - 1. Without an active, available jailbreak, it's existence is very much irrelevant as there's really no reason for anyone to post anything about a non-existent jailbreak. There have been numerous complaints now from long-term subscribers about incessant notifications for mundane and downright silly posts. My understanding was that this is a thread delivering news about the iPad 2 jailbreak, stands to reason therefore that if you do not have news, you should not be posting. End of irrelevant, incessant notifications.

2. There seems to have been fostered an inability for forum members to express any sort of negativity about the jailbreak process that has surrounded the iPad 2 through the immediate criticism of fellow members and warnings from the mods. Surely a 'forum' is just that - a medium through which people can express opinion? I'm sure I'm not alone in my opinion that the handling of the iPad 2 jailbreak by those parties involved has bordered on the absurd. I appreciate that these 'hackers' (of course, people who posses knowledge far exceeding that of my own in this area) have taken it upon themselves, without any form of direct financial remuneration, to supply us with a jailbreak but surely there are ways of actively informing the masses of the progress more effectively than sporadic tweets regarding technical jargon that most really couldn't care less about. Those involved have made a complete mockery of ETAs to the point where they have undermined the very belief in the existence of the jailbreak they claim to posses. It is glaringly ironic that the current jailbreak we're focusing on has apparently been delayed because of bugs in a process to make the jailbreak quicker. Surely that defines counter-productivity?

The vast majority of people who would actively consider jailbreaking an iPad 2 already own one and have been waiting for said jailbreak since launch. Release the damn thing already, in whatever form it takes, be it slow or fast. No-one cares.

PS, please put an end to the ass-licking 'I don't care how long it takes/I'll certainly be donating whenever it appears' comments. Cringeworthy stuff.

Cheers.

Topxshelfxtre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like someone forgot about free speech it's the jailbreak thread if I didn't full understand something and couldnt find it using my source like google and searching first this is where I'd feel comfortable asking. Don't down the thread when this is the only jailbreak for the iPad 2 section....if you don't like the thread done come into it simple enough.....

Anyway I have been watching comex and he is being very off topic and quiet for a while now..... I was feeling good about Sunday but now I dunno

Kev2live

iPF Noob
Reaction score
knobtasticus said:
My first post here and certainly my last.

I'll start by stating that this thread has two major issues - 1. Without an active, available jailbreak, it's existence is very much irrelevant as there's really no reason for anyone to post anything about a non-existent jailbreak. There have been numerous complaints now from long-term subscribers about incessant notifications for mundane and downright silly posts. My understanding was that this is a thread delivering news about the iPad 2 jailbreak, stands to reason therefore that if you do not have news, you should not be posting. End of irrelevant, incessant notifications.

2. There seems to have been fostered an inability for forum members to express any sort of negativity about the jailbreak process that has surrounded the iPad 2 through the immediate criticism of fellow members and warnings from the mods. Surely a 'forum' is just that - a medium through which people can express opinion? I'm sure I'm not alone in my opinion that the handling of the iPad 2 jailbreak by those parties involved has bordered on the absurd. I appreciate that these 'hackers' (of course, people who posses knowledge far exceeding that of my own in this area) have taken it upon themselves, without any form of direct financial remuneration, to supply us with a jailbreak but surely there are ways of actively informing the masses of the progress more effectively than sporadic tweets regarding technical jargon that most really couldn't care less about. Those involved have made a complete mockery of ETAs to the point where they have undermined the very belief in the existence of the jailbreak they claim to posses. It is glaringly ironic that the current jailbreak we're focusing on has apparently been delayed because of bugs in a process to make the jailbreak quicker. Surely that defines counter-productivity?

The vast majority of people who would actively consider jailbreaking an iPad 2 already own one and have been waiting for said jailbreak since launch. Release the damn thing already, in whatever form it takes, be it slow or fast. No-one cares.

PS, please put an end to the ass-licking 'I don't care how long it takes/I'll certainly be donating whenever it appears' comments. Cringeworthy stuff.

Cheers.

Only if that would happen

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like someone forgot about free speech it's the jailbreak thread if I didn't full understand something and couldnt find it using my source like google and searching first this is where I'd feel comfortable asking. Don't down the thread when this is the only jailbreak for the iPad 2 section....if you don't like the thread done come into it simple enough.....

Anyway I have been watching comex and he is being very off topic and quiet for a while now..... I was feeling good about Sunday but now I dunno

Yeah I have been following his tweets today and basically they have been about stuff that I don't care about LOL so not sure why he is doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts