What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can everyone please understand that depending on what DEVICE, BROWSER, IOS Version, and URL you use to visit jailbreakme.com, depends on what page you get to view... The Star info page is still on the site, as is the jailbreakme 2.0 slide to unlock, as is the new PDF trailer...
Honestly guys, try and understand the internet and websites a little before you post screenshots of that site please. All of this is pretty well covered over the last few pages.... we don't need to keep rehashing it over and over again. Nothing has changed :)

What I understand is that if he can't code a web site to work correctly on different browser or machine.

I'm scared of the results if the jailbreak really comes out

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I believe the only browser he needs to code it for is Safari but I'm sure there are other background processes that are going on. All it takes is to miss one closing tag or apostrophe and it doesn't work... very tedious.

That's the problem only 1 browser and he can't do it properly

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
Ok, so now I have a blank page at jailbreakme.com instead of the usual pdf teaser ...

Anyone else? Or is just my cache and cookies playing tricks on me?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I see the PDF

f4780y said:
All of this is pretty well covered over the last few pages.... we don't need to keep rehashing it over and over again. Nothing has changed :)

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

[sigh] you guys are in danger of embarrassing yourselves if you think the reason different people see different things depending on how they browse to the site is anything to do with his incompetence as a developer... just sayin'

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I understand is that if he can't code a web site to work correctly on different browser or machine.

I'm scared of the results if the jailbreak really comes out

I believe the only browser he needs to code it for is Safari but I'm sure there are other background processes that are going on. All it takes is to miss one closing tag or apostrophe and it doesn't work... very tedious.

Do you do coding? It's not just a simple website with text only. Give him a break and relax, it'll be out when it's out. It's just a jailbreak, it's not like it's the cure for cancer.

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I do coding

In this era you have to learn to support everything or else don't do it even for a small website

MuscleNerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
Renzo, I think you're not getting it.

jailbreakme.com is *designed* to behave different on different platforms and iOS versions. It *must* be that way, because:

(a) You do NOT want those visiting from a desktop to get a "slide to jailbreak" page, since it won't jailbreak their desktop
(b) You DO want those visiting on eligible devices to get the "slide to jailbreak" page
(c) You do NOT want those visiting on an iPad2 to get the older jailbreak for iPhone4
etc, etc

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Renzo, I think you're not getting it.

jailbreakme.com is *designed* to behave different on different platforms and iOS versions. It *must* be that way, because:

(a) You do NOT want those visiting from a desktop to get a "slide to jailbreak" page, since it won't jailbreak their desktop
(b) You DO want those visiting on eligible devices to get the "slide to jailbreak" page
(c) You do NOT want those visiting on an iPad2 to get the older jailbreak for iPhone4
etc, etc

A) I see that webpage on Firefox on iMac (the slide to jailbreak)
B) the problem with the bad coding is something you will see the PDF and if you reload the page sometime you will get the slide to jailbreak page

That is what makes bad coding

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Musclenerd, thanks for posting on the forum. Hope all is well..I hope that the jailbreakme is released this weekend. My iPad 2 is wonderful but its kinda naked without a jailbreak..I know I have been a broken record but is it safe to assume that Comex's jailbreak will work on the newest firmware..thanks and have a wonderful weekend!

MuscleNerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
B) the problem with the bad coding is something you will see the PDF and if you reload the page sometime you will get the slide to jailbreak page

That is what makes bad coding

That has nothing to do with coding. You're seeing the effects of saurik's CDN (distributed) caching, which will naturally be under flux as the release approaches. jailbreakme.com uses CDN because it's an extremely high-volume site.

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I have been a broken record but is it safe to assume that Comex's jailbreak will work on the newest firmware

Yep (and then some!)

OMG really..that is wonderful news..that is what I was concerned about since I had read so many different thing..my iPad 2 came with 4.3.3 so I am SO glad that your saying that it will work for that..will it also be untethered? You just made my day thank you for posting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts