What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess I just hope that the jb comes out before my only upgrade option is iOS 5?

Sent from my pad via my iPad using iPF

I guess if this jailbreak wasn't legit he wouldn't have mentioned it so lets hope it comes out in the next few weeks(For real this time) maybe they can't jailbreak IOS 5 so they are just saying forget about it and will jailbreak 4.3.3 instead..I am fine with that since as long as its jailbroken I am one happy camper

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
So I guess I just hope that the jb comes out before my only upgrade option is iOS 5?

So, do you have a 3g Ipad?

I can't say for sure, but Im guessing that being at 4.3.1 or updating to 4.3.3 is preety much the same...

If musclenerd said that people should not update their 4.3.3 devices I dont see why not to update to 4.3.3... There is going to be a jb to 4.3 or 4.3.3 or both, but I dont think 4.3.1 is relevant...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:

I can't say for sure, but Im guessing that being at 4.3.1 or updating to 4.3.3 is preety much the same...

If musclenerd said that people should not update their 4.3.3 devices I dont see why not to update to 4.3.3... There is going to be a jb to 4.3 or 4.3.3 or both, but I dont think 4.3.1 is relevant...

Exactly..I mean didn't Apple patch 4.3.1..so if they can make a jailbreak for 4.3.3 then it works for 4.3.1 too..mind as well upgrade to 4.3.3 since that is the one that Musclenerd mentioned :)

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MuscleNerd -

WARNING: iPad2-GSM and iPad2-CDMA owners must stay clear of all 5.0 betas to stay eligible for any potential 4.3.3 JB

A further indication for us post iOS 4.3's? :)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For IPAD2 WiFi only users there is no poblem updating to 5.0 beta if you saved the BLOBS for 4.3.3 ...

Since my new iPad 2 is being shipped out this week it will have 4.3.3 on it(Its the WiFi version) so how do I go ahead and save my 4.3.3 blob since obviously this is a brand new iPad and Cydia hasnt saved anything..OMG how exciting..he wouldn't be posting this if they had no jailbreak for 4.3.3..they just might have said screw IOS 5 and are going to release 4.3.3 jailbreak.

Eh, I thought that the iPad 2 can't be downgraded? Especially using SHSH... I read that @f4780y says so on the iPad 2 JB News thread (Edited to fix errors):

SHSH Blobs
You should save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella, but if you have an (3G / CDMA) iPad 2 DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE ON THE ASSUMPTION YOU CAN DOWNGRADE AGAIN USING SHSH BLOBS. MuscleNerd confirmed that SHSH Blobs can not currently be used for 3G / CDMA iPad 2s because the base-band update failure cannot be recovered without an iBoot (or lower) exploit, which is not available yet.

EDIT: I've made a mistake in quoting @f4780y- This only applies to 3G models ONLY. Wi-Fi models do not have 3G radios, thus no base-band. Wi-Fi model owners can use the SHSH blobs as usual. Sorry for the error.

Last edited:

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Since my new iPad 2 is being shipped out this week it will have 4.3.3 on it(Its the WiFi version) so how do I go ahead and save my 4.3.3 blob since obviously this is a brand new iPad and Cydia hasnt saved anything..OMG how exciting..he wouldn't be posting this if they had no jailbreak for 4.3.3..they just might have said screw IOS 5 and are going to release 4.3.3 jailbreak

Check link in my sig. Tap on "shsh blobs".

Thanks SO much..Will use tinyumbrella when I get my iPad 2..I just figured tinyumbrella would not work for the iPad 2 but I guess it does :)

My understanding is that saving your blob is not sufficient at this point in time.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check link in my sig. Tap on "shsh blobs".

Thanks SO much..Will use tinyumbrella when I get my iPad 2..I just figured tinyumbrella would not work for the iPad 2 but I guess it does :)

My understanding is that saving your blob is not sufficient at this point in time.

Yeah I Guess for me its not necessary since my iPad will be brand new and I won't be upgrading to IOS 5 so there really is no point in saving the blob but I will do it just to be on the safe side

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Eh, I thought that the iPad 2 can't be downgraded? Especially using SHSH... I read that @f4780y says so on the iPad 2 JB News thread (Edited to fix errors):

I replied according to musclenerd explanation:

https://twitter.com/musclenerd/status/77905079046389760

@JaviMmSs the iPad2-wifi is fine (if you have 4.3.3 blobs) since it won't error out on the baseband step during downgrade

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:

I replied according to musclenerd explanation:

https://twitter.com/musclenerd/status/77905079046389760

@JaviMmSs the iPad2-wifi is fine (if you have 4.3.3 blobs) since it won't error out on the baseband step during downgrade

That's great that Musclenerd responded to you..maybe u can ask when the darn jailbreak will be complete so we can start the countdown :)

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
That's great that Musclenerd responded to you..maybe u can ask when the darn jailbreak will be complete so we can start the countdown :)

That answer was not for me... Lol :p

I just used the information he gave to another user ;)

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good morning! (yes.. it's morning here :p )

So many news and posts. Could anybody summarize what happened, what iPad2 owners can and cannot do right now?

As I understood:
- Musclenerd indirectly talked that they're working on JB for 4.3.3
- iPad2 3G owners shoudn't try iOS5 as they won't be able to downgrade to 4.x later even having BLOBS
- p0sixninja confirmed that "weeks" is still valid. But no confirmation what iOS version it will support (just bile's multiple posts that they're targeting 4.3)

Have I missed anything?

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning! (yes.. it's morning here :p )

So many news and posts. Could anybody summarize what happened, what iPad2 owners can and cannot do right now?

As I understood:
- Musclenerd indirectly talked that they're working on JB for 4.3.3
- iPad2 3G owners shoudn't try iOS5 as they won't be able to downgrade to 4.x later even having BLOBS
- p0sixninja confirmed that "weeks" is still valid. But no confirmation what iOS version it will support (just bile's multiple posts that they're targeting 4.3)

Have I missed anything?

You can hardly say that MuscleNerd "indirectly" talked that they are working on the JB for 4.3.3, but anyway it was already known that they have been trying to find exploits for 4.3.x.

Yes iPad 2 GSM/CDMA users should not try iOS 5, and if you're not a developer you shouldn't be trying out iOS 5 anyway.

Weeks is still valid, but I'm guessing he still has a long way to go judging from his tweet about "long sleepless nights in the near future", I'm guessing around 2 to 3 more weeks. (What do you guys think)?

There is couple of things that you missed:
1) i0nic tweeted that "apple has won, no more jailbreaks", but he was actually trolling (as always) confirmed by comex and i think someone else. My advise is to unfollow him and only follow comex, musclenerd, and/or p0sixninja if you want the lastest news.

2) MuscleNerd reassured us that iOS 5 delta over-the-air updates should not bring an end to jailbreaking, as jailbreaking should be able to stop those delta updates. And new codes "sometimes" bring new vulnerability and exploits

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:

That's the same boat I'm in. I have iOS 4.3.2 on my iPad from stock so I think I might as well just upgrade to 4.3.3

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:

That's the same boat I'm in. I have iOS 4.3.2 on my iPad from stock so I think I might as well just upgrade to 4.3.3

There is really no point in updating... it is ALWAYS better to stay as low as possible when it comes to jailbreaking...

There aren't even major improvements or features in 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and to 4.3.3, updating them won't do you any good at all.

What if a jailbreak comes out, and turns out one of the exploits found work for 4.3.2, and then it is nonexistent in 4.3.3? Unless you have saved your blobs earlier on, you really shouldn't update it.

When you plug in your iPad and it asks you to update it, just check the box to make it stop reminding you, problem solved.

P.S. save your 4.3.3 blob too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts