What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone asked Comex if the jailbreak is coming in the next few hours and he said
"no"
in the next few hours is a bit of a stretch. Hope it's sometime tomorrow.

I dont think so anymore, someone asked comex:
@comex Wait, so am I right on this: You want to make the JB for iPad 2 so Cydia doesn't say "Reorganizing files?" Or am I completely wrong?

to which @comex replied:
@scottiferd Pretty much.

To me that means a lot more work to do to make this jailbreak as perfect as possible, which might take more time

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone asked Comex if the jailbreak is coming in the next few hours and he said
"no"

Yeah no one actually believed it would be out in a few hours. According to his tweets he is working on something(Don't understand the technical terms so not sure exactly what he's doing" so hopefully tomorrow will be Funday :)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"no"

@comex Wait, so am I right on this: You want to make the JB for iPad 2 so Cydia doesn't say "Reorganizing files?" Or am I completely wrong?

to which @comex replied:
@scottiferd Pretty much.

To me that means a lot more work to do to make this jailbreak as perfect as possible, which might take more time

Yeah it sounds like he wants to make the jailbreak as perfect as possible, I wonder how long it takes to do something like what he's doing now

tt335

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"no"

to which @comex replied:
@scottiferd Pretty much.

Yeah. Man I hope it's tomorrow, I got a long pharmacy seminar all this week, would be great if I could bring a jailbroken ipad 2 to it.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comex
jailbreakme.com is supposed to show the old site or teaser depending on your User-Agent. The "flipping" is some HTTP cache issue on my end.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, if he was planning on revolutionizing the way cydia organizes the files way back when, then his "hopefully wednesday" still holds.

However, if this is something that he decided to do just now, then it might take much longer, and the "wednesday" would no longer hold

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont get whats the big deal about the way Cydia organizes files, whenever I do it when I jailbreak it takes what..a minute and its over..

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont get whats the big deal about the way Cydia organizes files, whenever I do it when I jailbreak it takes what..a minute and its over..

Cydia takes a long time everytime you use it, (not the actual jailbreak itself)
and im sure you have seen the "loading" and "reloading" and whatnot in cydia, which isnt efficient.

comex himself said that he's a speed fanatic, he wants to make it as perfect as possible

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
and im sure you have seen the "loading" and "reloading" and whatnot in cydia, which isnt efficient.

comex himself said that he's a speed fanatic, he wants to make it as perfect as possible

Couldn't he just release a jailbreak as it is then after, work to get it perfect and release an updated jailbreak?!

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:

Couldn't he just release a jailbreak as it is then after, work to get it perfect and release an updated jailbreak?!

just be patient... its here soon

anyway, wow so many great updates!! I'm sure all of you have been waiting for this confirmation, here it is:

@comex can u maybe alert everyone as to which iOS version this upcoming release will work on?? (ipad 2 btw) currently mines on 4.3.1.... :)

@J_mac890 4.2.1-4.3.3
@J_mac890 armv7 only for now

but i dont quite know what he meant by armv7 only for now, is that the processor for the 3Gs?

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
Guys, if he was planning on revolutionizing the way cydia organizes the files way back when, then his "hopefully wednesday" still holds.

However, if this is something that he decided to do just now, then it might take much longer, and the "wednesday" would no longer hold

He's apparently been wanting to do this for over a year now. At least that's what he said I'd post the twitlong link but I'm not allowed ^_^

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
Thanks for stopping by!
So he's going to include those before 3Gs? Since he said "only for now"
I'm so excited

I think he means the 3GS and later devices.

Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions