What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People mention that it had been 3 weeks since ic0n1c original weeks claims, that's the only 3weeks I've ever heard of. I've been reading blogs and tweets from those in the jb scene and none of them ever said we are 3weeks out.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please read this thread in its entirety if you want to know what has been going on with the iPad 2 jailbreak... Don't go find random links and believe it just because it is one of the "top" links in google.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Your reading old stuff..they have been saying "Three weeks" since over a month ago LOL

Lol that's why I said don't hold ur breath hahaha I could care less as I'm not jail breaking my iPad

Mine is arriving on Thursday(Its already in Anchorage, Alaska :) so I am very excited to jailbreak it. Comex's jailbreak I believe will work with 4.3.3 so that is why I am waiting for his..just waiting for his announcement..hope its an untethered jailbreak too..but I will take what I can get..the iPad is great but having it jailbroken is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Your reading old stuff..they have been saying "Three weeks" since over a month ago LOL

Lol that's why I said don't hold ur breath hahaha I could care less as I'm not jail breaking my iPad

Mine is arriving on Thursday(Its already in Anchorage, Alaska :) so I am very excited to jailbreak it. Comex's jailbreak I believe will work with 4.3.3 so that is why I am waiting for his..just waiting for his announcement..hope its an untethered jailbreak too..but I will take what I can get..the iPad is great but having it jailbroken is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned

agreed, especially after reading that super thread about all the top tweaks from cydia

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( version too new ... Looks like it was not positive ... The wait continues

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Attachments

• image-3291143300.png
    image-3291143300.png
    639.3 KB · Views: 310

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops said:
:( version too new ... Looks like it was not positive ... The wait continues

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Its not out yet.

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But this must mean something? Does anyone know what it means ?

[EDIT] Forgot to mention, its from www.jailbreakme.com

Attachments

• image-1142499001.png
    image-1142499001.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eivind said:

Root password alpine? PDF-exploit? I don't know anything about it, but you should search for these words.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eivind said:

[EDIT] Forgot to mention, its from www.jailbreakme.com

KEEP UP! - It's been well discussed in this thread. It's a teaser, so nobody knows what it really means... It's all just guesses and speculation... The best guess so far is another PDF userland exploit is coming...

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posted previously...

Can someone explain jailbreakme.com simply to me.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last time the site was "active", you visited the site from Mobile Safari on your iPad and on the site was a "slide to jailbreak" interface that looked just like your lockscreen. When you slid, the jailbreak got applied to your device "as if by magic".
It did this by downloading a specially crafted PDF file, as it was the PDF viewer which had the exploit which could be used to jailbreak back on 3.2.1.
Apple released a patch very quickly (3.2.2) which basically just fixed this exploit.

Who knows what's in store for us this time? :)

Posted a couple day ago...

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have another question, i know talking about ~edited my moderator~ and such is not allowed, but can we discuss the ~ edited ~ ? This sounds off-topic, but i saw a tweet (can't remember from who) saying something ~ edited by Moderator ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions