What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaftPunk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
soodgautam said:
I have a jail-broken iPad 2(WiFi only) - running on 4.3.3 ...I have shsh blobs saved for 4.3.3 - should I upgrade to 5.0.1 (as warned/suggested in the first post) ?

Don't update it till a jail break for 5.0.1 formed, at the moment enjoy yer jail broken iPad
"take my personal advice dude"

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaftPunk said:
Don't update it till a jail break for 5.0.1 formed, at the moment enjoy yer jail broken iPad
"take my personal advice dude"

I think the best thing to do is to update as soon as possible. Apple can release the new firmware anytime now and upgrading to 5.0.1 will be impossible then.

nbgtdcrs45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried to save SHSH blobs but 4.3.5 was already out and it would not save 4.3.3.

DaftPunk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
I think the best thing to do is to update as soon as possible. Apple can release the new firmware anytime now and upgrading to 5.0.1 will be impossible then.

I updated my iPad to 5.0.1 I wish I didn't do it, my iPad now is suck without programs if u want some cool program then u gotta purchase it lol
So wat u r going to do with useless iPad ?! it could be better if u wait till new jail break formed then update it " that's my opinion " :)

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
If you're talking about a JB iPad on 4.3.3 to a stock one on iOS 5.0.1, the only thing you'll need to do is ensure you have a good backup in iTunes, put the iPad into DFU mode and then shift/restore iOS 5.0.1 onto it using iTunes.

Ok... I updating my iPad 2 from 4.3.3 with JB to 5.01 in hopes of new JB. I used the default upgrade in iTunes without DFU mode or shift/restore. Not even sure what those things are though I'm sure they're explained here somewhere. My question is, I had no problems with upgrade.... Runs great now on 5.01 (of course still wanting my JB back). Should I redo my upgrade with DFU mode and shift/restore to prepare for upcoming JB or am I good leaving it how it is? Thanks! Great thread!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok... I updating my iPad 2 from 4.3.3 with JB to 5.01 in hopes of new JB. I used the default upgrade in iTunes without DFU mode or shift/restore. Not even sure what those things are though I'm sure they're explained here somewhere. My question is, I had no problems with upgrade.... Runs great now on 5.01 (of course still wanting my JB back). Should I redo my upgrade with DFU mode and shift/restore to prepare for upcoming JB or am I good leaving it how it is? Thanks! Great thread!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Leave it as it is. If the upgrade completed, you are fine. Older versions of iTunes demanded DFU mode for a jailbroken device, but the standard process works in more and more cases these days with the latest iTunes.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Encouraging noises from pod2g's blog this morning. Looks like the iPad2 jailbreaking planets are aligning, slowly but surely ... :)

@planetbeing, the legendary hacker behind iPhone Linux and lot of jailbreaks (see User:planetbeing - The iPhone Wiki) has joined the A5 research!

The famous @MuscleNerd (http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:MuscleNerd), the leader of the iPhone Dev Team, who did a lot of tests for Corona and whom integrated it and made it simple in redsn0w is willing to help also.

And last, but not least @p0sixninja (User:posixninja - The iPhone Wiki), the leader of the Chronic Dev Team, and my partner for years on iPhone security research has started to code and fuzz the Apple sandbox.

We now have a dream team to find a path for a public release of the A5 jailbreak.

Cross your fingers.

via - pod2g's iOS blog

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DaftPunk said:
I updated my iPad to 5.0.1 I wish I didn't do it, my iPad now is suck without programs if u want some cool program then u gotta purchase it lol
So wat u r going to do with useless iPad ?! it could be better if u wait till new jail break formed then update it " that's my opinion " :)
Does this mean your encouraging piracy???

BIG NO NO!

AfternoonShift

iPF Noob
Reaction score

don't be cheap! :p Most apps are .99cents and are totally worth the purchase. Plus it makes it much easier for updates :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New members to this site eagerly awaiting the iPad2 jailbreak would do well to review the hacking section rules linked in my signature.
Jailbreaking is NOT an excuse to steal or pirate software and we at iPadForums neither support or condone piracy in any way. Anyone discussing or trying to justify piracy on this site will be dealt with in accordance with our rules.

Dont be a pirate!

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have decided to update to 5.01 tomorrow or Sunday I don't wanna risk not having a JB later on le sigh damn you Apple haha

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to the JB is landed!!!
What dó you guys use JB to?

Tons of stuff, but one of my favorites is having true control of my files so i can move them between programs. iFile is worth every penny.

I was on vacation and i had a video on my home pc and trying to find a way to get it in my favorite program was pure hell. I have never been so frustrated with Apples fanatical lockdown.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts