What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inked adrenaline said:
I've been downloading, just takes a few tries.

I have tried for 10 times but no use.. Anyway, I know that we just have to be patient

Sent from my iPad 4

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI

I was able to jailbreak (Ipad 4 64 Gig Wifi + AT&T 3G IOS 6.1) after I upgraded to 6.1 Over the Air. Earlier information said that I needed to upgrade via USB cable. Not sure if it was wrong, or if the developers improved the JB. Either way, I am psyched!

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dragon499 said:
FYI

I was able to jailbreak (Ipad 4 64 Gig Wifi + AT&T 3G IOS 6.1) after I upgraded to 6.1 Over the Air. Earlier information said that I needed to upgrade via USB cable. Not sure if it was wrong, or if the developers improved the JB. Either way, I am psyched!

I was able to jailbreak with the wifi update as well. I think they want us to download the new update via iTunes as a precautionary measure. Maybe we are the lucky ones.

puchdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having issues jail breaking an iPad mini. Mine just get stuck patching the kernel. I had to restore it twice. Any help I will appreciate.

tri3dent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently on 5.1.1 and I'm trying to update/restore to 6.1 but itunes keep giving me an error about my network settings even though it seems like it finished downloading the update. My internet is fine too. I tried downloading the full firmware in the other thread using DFU mode but it says the file is incompatible. Any ideas?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm currently on 5.1.1 and I'm trying to update/restore to 6.1 but itunes keep giving me an error about my network settings even though it seems like it finished downloading the update. My internet is fine too. I tried downloading the full firmware in the other thread using DFU mode but it says the file is incompatible. Any ideas?

Make sure that you're using the proper IPSW (Wifi for Wifi, and of course 3G/Data for the Data iPads). Then make sure that you download the IPSW on a non-Internet Explorer browser.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why doesn't apple take an serious action on people who makes jailbreak

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ShortBus said:
or cydia will shrink and you will have to go into safemode, relaunch cydia and respring.

what do you mean cydia will shrink?

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what do you mean cydia will shrink?
like on my ipad 4 it looked like an iphone app in 1x mode but it also shrunk down the status bar and wouldn't let you interact with it. my buddy inked adrenaline, has an ipad mini and restarted his; had the same issue but he could still interact with cydia. the only fix was to go into safe mode, open cydia, then respring...

see for yourself, jailbreak completely. launch cydia. reboot your ipad (turn it off then back on).. i'm attatching a screen shot (power+home button) so you can see what i'm talking about.

Attachments

• cydia.PNG
    cydia.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 215

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ShortBus said:
like on my ipad 4 it looked like an iphone app in 1x mode but it also shrunk down the status bar and wouldn't let you interact with it. my buddy inked adrenaline, has an ipad mini and restarted his; had the same issue but he could still interact with cydia. the only fix was to go into safe mode, open cydia, then respring...

see for yourself, jailbreak completely. launch cydia. reboot your ipad (turn it off then back on).. i'm attatching a screen shot (power+home button) so you can see what i'm talking about.

Ok, so let me get this straight. If I updated to iso 6.1 over wifi this is what Im likely to see when I reboot my iPad 4? If so what do I need to do to fix this issue? I have know clue how to open the iOS in safe mode. Up until christmas I have only dealt with Windows.

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no you need to update to 6.1 through itunes.. you can update over the air but something about the APTickets not being handled right. this has nothing to do with the 6.1 update. only after jailbreaking and launching cydia.. the jailbreak app store. i'm a windows and android guy, so this is all new to me too, just fumbling through it as i go and asking for help from my friend who is an apple guy lol

Most reactions