What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING - iOS 6.1.3 patches Evasi0n Jailbreak

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am on 6.1 jailbrake with ipad 2. Its better to go 6.1.2 now before update or to stay in 6.1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is entirely a personal choice. If you are comfortable staying on 6.1, then by all means do that. Just be aware that once 6.1.3 is out and the 6.1.2 signing window is closed, you have lost that choice.

Have a look at my upgrade guide posted above, and if it doesn't seem like too much hassle, give it a go ;)

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally upgrade to 6.1.2 from dfu restore. Jailbrake with evasi0n 1.5 and i think that all is exactly same with 6.1. Activator still have few bugs and screen dimmer is luggy.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally upgrade to 6.1.2 from dfu restore. Jailbrake with evasi0n 1.5 and i think that all is exactly same with 6.1. Activator still have few bugs and screen dimmer is luggy.

In what way is ScreenDimmer laggy? I use it on all my iPads (since 4.x) and never experienced this.

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On ios6 after close screen and i put in screen to restore opened in full brightness. Every time to screen sleep with screen dimmer restored with full brightness. I use and activator and springtomize 2. On 5.1.1 was working very good without bugs

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On ios6 after close screen and i put in screen to restore opened in full brightness. Every time to screen sleep with screen dimmer restored with full brightness. I use and activator and springtomize 2. On 5.1.1 was working very good without bugs

What bugs are you experiencing on activator and springtomize. I have used all features but the ones I have used are working pretty flawless.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I cannot replicate this on 6.x on any of my iPads. I suspect you have some other issue causing it...

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Activator non response good. Some times in application when put once home going in home, some times up in application bottom bar and sometimes take screenshot. The setting is once time and two times nothing(default) and three times screenshot.
Springtomize looks to work good. Same issues with activator and screen dimmer on 6.1 and 6.1.2 with dfu restore

Last edited:

AfternoonShift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is apple still signing 6.1.2? i'm still running 6.1. Figured i'd do an update to 6.1.2 before its closed.

nm, updated my 2 ipads to 6.1.2 ;) :thumbs:

Last edited:

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running 6.1 on my ipad mini. I looked up 6.1.1 and it seems that its more for iphone and some map upgrade for japan. 6.1.2 is sync problem for microsoft exchange and password for lock screen?

Is there a detailed link for ALL the changes? Just wondering whether there is something worthwhile for me to restore and re-jailbreak to 6.1.2.

Also how much time do I have till 6.1.2 is closed? :p

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk

rogerde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my Jailbroken iPad has 5.1.1 IOS. There is an update in settings to 6.1.2. Should I update to 6.1.2 before 6.1.3 comes out, plus will I need to rejailbreak me iPad.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you have a jailbroken 5.x device, you CANNOT and must not try to use the "update" process offered in the Settings app. This will always fail on a jailbroken device.

If you wish to upgrade your jailbreak to 6.1.2 before 6.1.3 is released, follow our guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...355-how-upgrade-your-6-x-jailbroken-ipad.html

Note, that since you are moving from a 5.x firmware to a 6.x release, you will need to take extra care to ensure your Cydia tweaks are compatible with the new firmware already. This is mentioned in the guide.

Good Luck!

rogerde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you have a jailbroken 5.x device, you CANNOT and must not try to use the "update" process offered in the Settings app. This will always fail on a jailbroken device.

If you wish to upgrade your jailbreak to 6.1.2 before 6.1.3 is released, follow our guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/104355-how-upgrade-your-6-x-jailbroken-ipad.html

Note, that since you are moving from a 5.x firmware to a 6.x release, you will need to take extra care to ensure your Cydia tweaks are compatible with the new firmware already. This is mentioned in the guide.

Good Luck!

Thanks f4780y for quick reply.
Good job I asked, was about to update through setting. Phew!!!!
Not to worried about me cydia tweaks, just wanted to be on latest 6.1.2 jailbreak before 6.1.3 came out.
Thanks again.
If there's anything else I need to be careful of pls let me no. Will be doing update in few hrs once I finish work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y for quick reply.
Good job I asked, was about to update through setting. Phew!!!!
Not to worried about me cydia tweaks, just wanted to be on latest 6.1.2 jailbreak before 6.1.3 came out.
Thanks again.
If there's anything else I need to be careful of pls let me no. Will be doing update in few hrs once I finish work.

Once iOS 6.1.3 is released you have to be very careful not to get your jailbreak into a state where a restore is required. If that happens, you'll have no choice but to update to iOS 6.1.3 and will lose your jailbreak.

rogerde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once iOS 6.1.3 is released you have to be very careful not to get your jailbreak into a state where a restore is required. If that happens, you'll have no choice but to update to iOS 6.1.3 and will lose your jailbreak.

Don't understand (be careful not to get your jailbreak into a state where a restore is required)? Could you explain a little more, or send me to a post that I can read up on this.
Thanks.

Most reactions