What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

onlyvinod56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hurray!

Now i have my jailbroken ipad2 (ios 6.0).

Happy to see cydia again.
Thanks for evad3rs

hawkway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running an iPad 3 on IOS 5.1.1 with the jailbreak. If anyone knows the answers to these, it would sure help me out. Do I need to update my IOS to a normal 6.1 version before applying this new jailbreak? If so, what happens to all of my Cydia apps during that process? Will they still be on my iPad 3 or will I have to reinstall? Is there an easy way to save a list of what I have installed from Cydia if I need to reinstall? Thanks in advance.

martinsm007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I'm trying to put some apps using itunes it shows up '' failed to install'' why???????

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hawkway said:
I'm running an iPad 3 on IOS 5.1.1 with the jailbreak. If anyone knows the answers to these, it would sure help me out. Do I need to update my IOS to a normal 6.1 version before applying this new jailbreak? If so, what happens to all of my Cydia apps during that process? Will they still be on my iPad 3 or will I have to reinstall? Is there an easy way to save a list of what I have installed from Cydia if I need to reinstall? Thanks in advance.

You should unjb ur ipad and then upgrade

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running an iPad 3 on IOS 5.1.1 with the jailbreak. If anyone knows the answers to these, it would sure help me out. Do I need to update my IOS to a normal 6.1 version before applying this new jailbreak? If so, what happens to all of my Cydia apps during that process? Will they still be on my iPad 3 or will I have to re-install? Is there an easy way to save a list of what I have installed from Cydia if I need to reinstall? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you will need to update to the new IOS. Get rid of old JB and back to stock form. I'm almost positive you'll have to re-download the cydia apps. The ones you paid for will be available for free once you re-install cydia / new JB

Hinds90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I'm going to wait a little for apps and tweaks to catch up. Hopefully I can hold out. Is there a site that lets you know when tweaks are updated?

Ghost2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yippee the wait is over insist evaded! Hope this thing works! Can't wait 2 jb! Thnx ead3rs

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you will need to update to the new IOS. Get rid of old JB and back to stock form. I'm almost positive you'll have to re-download the cydia apps. The ones you paid for will be available for free once you re-install cydia / new JB

You didn't need the "almost." :) When you re-jailbreak, you will have to re-download the Cydia apps. But - its like the App Store. Once you've paid for a tweak, it's yours and it's easy to re-download.

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You didn't need the "almost." :) When you re-jailbreak, you will have to re-download the Cydia apps. But - its like the App Store. Once you've paid for a tweak, it's yours and it's easy to re-download.

Marilyn

How does PKGBackup work after new JB?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest - I don't really know. I never use a tweak such as PKGBackup for backup purposes when I am going from one major iOS to another (i.e. iOS 5.1.1 to 6.1). There is a high probability that tweaks i've been using on the older iOS are fully compatible with the newer. So, I just put my Cydia tweaks on by onsies at twosies after a new jail break - that way I can ensure everything works fine before I go on to the next.

I only use PKGBackup if I am re-restoring the same iOS or restoring after an incremental upgrade (such as iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1, for example).

So, there's that. :)

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
To be honest - I don't really know. I never use a tweak such as PKGBackup for backup purposes when I am going from one major iOS to another (i.e. iOS 5.1.1 to 6.1). There is a high probability that tweaks i've been using on the older iOS are fully compatible with the newer. So, I just put my Cydia tweaks on by onsies at twosies after a new jail break - that way I can ensure everything works fine before I go on to the next.

I only use PKGBackup if I am re-restoring the same iOS or restoring after an incremental upgrade (such as iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1, for example).

So, there's that. :)

Marilyn

Thanx, i will take my time, soon as i get the courage to do it all

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts