What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

lime4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the atv 3 will be jailbroken later? I see according to the website all devices will be jailbroken except the atv 3.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the atv 3 will be jailbroken later? I see according to the website all devices will be jailbroken except the atv 3.

Best answer we can give is maybe :(

The attack surface of the ATV is very much smaller than other devices as it does not run full blown iOS. This means the typical exploits used for iPhone, iPod, and iPad don't exist in the ATV.

It will be an extremely tough nut to crack.

Last edited:

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fatboy, would it be safe to assume that the development of jb will remain healthy due to the significant market that exists for apps and tweaks for jb devices?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we have official confirmation from @evad3rs that tomorrow (Monday) will be the targeted release day :D

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Looks like we have official confirmation from @evad3rs that tomorrow (Monday) will be the targeted release day :D

Yes, they're at 91% ready, in final testing and preparation.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shocker pushed back again

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

1) "pushed back" infers that there was a stated released date which was missed
2) "again" infers that this is not the first time it has happened

The evad3rs made their first commitment to a concrete release date less than 2 hours ago, when they stated it would be tomorrow (Monday). There has been no firm commitment prior to this by them (or any of the individual member of the evad3rs team).

Everything up to this point has been guesswork and speculation by folks that have zero knowledge of the facts.
Just be thankful that folks immeasurably more talented than any of us on here can be bothered to develop and release a jailbreak to the impatient masses at all! I know I am :D

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm just a very impatient person

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They've only hinted to the weekend. They never gave us a solid day in the first place?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I'm contributing to the chum (so, to the folk who are "just" subscribers and are forced to read another update that isn't - I apologize for this).

Please people - just stop with the speculation and articles claiming to know the time. The only people that truly know when this jail break will be released to the public are the jail break team.

In the interest of driving insane those people who are subscribed to this thread just for the news - just stop already! :)

It will come. Please, exercise a bit of restraint here and keep this thread for news - NOT rumors!

-----------------------------

In fact, I change my mind. In the interest of keeping the rumors and speculation down - this thread is now closed. It may re-open when we have news (don't worry - we'll definitely POST the news!) - but the odds are we'll end up directing you to a new thread.

Stay calm, people. The jail break is on its way.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts