What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only Internet Connection is through the iPhone. Will this next iOS6 jailbreak (thinking about the phone now) be possible given that condition? The last jailbreak (iOS 5.0.1) to both iPhone and iPad was done using downloaded copies of the new iOS files, fetched by someone else and put on a CD for me, and of course, working the jailbreak with a file installed on the computer. Is that same procedure going to be usable by the newest Jailbreak method? My first iPad jailbreak (4.3.3, I think) was done live over the net, as I recall. In a case like that, I wouldn't be able to jailbreak the iPhone if I needed live internet access at the same time, it seems.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yep, you should be fine and are ready.

And, for the future and just in case, cause we never know - make sure you save those SHSH blobs for 6.1 also. Always a good habit to get into, saving blobs.... :)

Marilyn

Can you please mention me a thread , how to save shsh blobs, I got iPad 2, never jail broken, it was iOS 4.3.3 when I bought and then I upgraded 6.0.1 , and now I downloaded 6.1 in my I tunes , waiting for green signal after jb arrives to update iPad and jb .

Trent2528

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's seems they've finished their first round of Major Testing on the Mac OSX and Windows Platforms. They're coming along nicely!
Hopefully have this jailbreak soon :)

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. Everything looks on time with the release date.

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about step 2. Will you do this in DFU, or is that necessary? I am probably asking a question that may have been answered already, but i am getting dizzy from all the tutorials i have been reading. Don't want to mess it up, but probably will.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I will do my step 2 in DFU mode. My iPad 3 is already jail broken and so I have the 6.1 IPSW already downloaded and waiting.

I understand that with the newer iOS versions - you can go ahead and click Restore in iTunes (with your iPad connected, of course) and iTunes will put the new iOS on the iPad. I've never tried it that way, so I don't know how well it works. I never got around to trying that method...

It's just easier for me to do it via DFU mode as it's a way I've done many times before and it works for me. So, I'll be sticking with that. :)

Oh, and Shihid? Here's the link to saving SHSH blobs. You can't save anything but 6.1., but it's a start (and a good habit to get into): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you
I will also try DFU, something i have never done before. Fingers crossed.

I have the the SHSH blobs saved from 5.1.1 up to 6.1.1 on cydia, and 6 1.1 on TU.

You guys have been great.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I will do my step 2 in DFU mode. My iPad 3 is already jail broken and so I have the 6.1 IPSW already downloaded and waiting.

I understand that with the newer iOS versions - you can go ahead and click Restore in iTunes (with your iPad connected, of course) and iTunes will put the new iOS on the iPad. I've never tried it that way, so I don't know how well it works. I never got around to trying that method...

It's just easier for me to do it via DFU mode as it's a way I've done many times before and it works for me. So, I'll be sticking with that. :)

Oh, and Shihid? Here's the link to saving SHSH blobs. You can't save anything but 6.1., but it's a start (and a good habit to get into): http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/42301-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Marilyn

Thanks mickey for your help

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the looks... It shouldn't be too much longer now hopefully ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359906730.280855.jpg

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watch it will be released while I'm out patrolling tonight and ill have to wait till I'm off at 1 am

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, lets keep this on-topic and drop the pointless posts. Thousands of people subscribe to this thread and get notifications when you post to it.

Is it DOUBLY BAD when you duplicate post! I have had to delete duplicates from both the last 2 posters.

If it is news, or on-topic, then post. Don't just post that you are bored waiting. EVERYONE IS BORED WAITING! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts