What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the website, it says under the requirements that i must have An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1..

What does running through iOS 6.0 through 6.1 means?

You must be on iOS 6.0,6.0.1,or 6.1

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any chance of ipad getting virus because of jailbreak?

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Don't forget 6.0.2.

It means you can be running ANY version of 6.x firmware released so far to date in order to jailbreak your device ;)

Oh thanks but can you tell me precautions to take when I jailbreak my ipad?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh thanks but can you tell me precautions to take when I jailbreak my ipad?

We have lots and lots of good sticky threads and articles in the Hacking Section and our Sub-forums, and I would recommend folks take the time between now and the release of the jailbreak to review as many of them as you can. There really is a wealth of information there...

Here is a great place to start for anyone new to jailbreaking - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ydia-beginners-guide-jailbreak-app-store.html

Fortunately, because the next jailbreak will work on the "current" version of IOS at this time (6.1), everyone will have a cushion during which time they can easily restore their device and re-jailbreak if they really muck things up for whatever reason. Mucking up a jailbreak so you need to restore is quite difficult, but folks still manage it, normally because they do things that they don't understand properly. For example, because they have access to the full file system of the iPad, they start to delete parts of the operating system :O

The interesting question will be, how long will Apple allow the jailbreak exploits to remain active before they release 6.1.1?
This could be anywhere from a few days, to many weeks, but you can be sure they will patch the vulnerabilities eventually.
As soon as a revision to IOS is out which blocks one or more of the exploits, then folks will have to manage their jailbreaks VERY carefully. As lots of members here can testify, one very careless move can result in you having to restore your device and lose the ability to jailbreak, at least until a dev-team releases a new jailbreak for that version! :D
There were lots of folks who messed up their 5.0.1 jailbreak and had to wait a while until the 5.1.1 jailbreak came out to get their jailbreak back!

Last edited:

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the evasion web page 68%: Applications for Windows and OS X are finished. Remains linux and some testing. Come back soon!

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are all anxiously waiting the jailbreak, in the meantime everyone should take f4780y's advise above and check out the threads and stickies about jailbreaking.

Please don't bombard this thread with the status from the evasi0n site which all of us can see simply by visiting the website ourselves.

Take this time to refreshen your memory or learn something new about the jailbreak so that when it's released you can get straight into it!

Happy Jailbreaking!

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously?? This is forum. People should be able to freely write thoughts, opinions and feed backs w/o getting hassled. It's not like anyone's being rude, inconsiderate with poor morals.

You guys have to loosen up a little.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@MIKES3
You didn't need to take that personally it was a general statement for everyone, no need to be upset. Enjoy the rest of your day.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRager said:
We are all anxiously waiting the jailbreak, in the meantime everyone should take f4780y's advise above and check out the threads and stickies about jailbreaking.

Please don't bombard this thread with the status from the evasi0n site which all of us can see simply by visiting the website ourselves.

Take this time to refreshen your memory or learn something new about the jailbreak so that when it's released you can get straight into it!

Happy Jailbreaking!

I agree absolutely. This tread will gain his purpose especially after release off jailbreak. Problems after jailbreak, advices..etc. will be useful. Posting simple information that is available in EvasiOn is quite useless....

Sent from my iPad 4

Last edited:

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So...my iPad 2 is still on iOS 6.0, do I upgrade it to 6.1 for the jailbreak, or keep it at 6.0?

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gotmilk0112 said:
So...my iPad 2 is still on iOS 6.0, do I upgrade it to 6.1 for the jailbreak, or keep it at 6.0?
You can do either

But seeing as how 6.1 is the latest and its jailbreakable then I'd say update to the latest

The choice is yours however.

The jailbreak is available for iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1

Most reactions

Latest posts