What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have removed the link above. This is NOT an iPad IOS6 jailbreak. No legitimate jailbreak tools are EVER provided behind pay walls OR require to to fill in a survey first. These are SCAMS designed to create revenue for the site, pure and simple. In other words it is to promote their YouTube channel and make money.
The video shows nothing more than the developer only tethered IOS6 jailbreak for the iPhone4 which is not official and is not approved by the dev-team for public consumption. However, it is freely available to you from the dev-team blog if you are a jailbreak tweak developer.

Since there is no A4 iPad device running IOS6 it is also NOT relevant to our thread here.

Members are reminded that a jailbreak will NEVER be released to the public via a YouTube video, so please do not post links to videos purporting to show an IOS6 jailbreak. As soon as there is legitimate news you can guarantee that this site and every other iPad blog in the world will post details. You don't have to go hunting for some no-named h4x0r's YouTube channel to get the next jailbreak! Trust me :)

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you much f4780y et. al for this very informative thread related to jailbreaking and ios 6. This is very helpful for those who only know an inch of what jail breaking entails.

Ski :)

Aka...Skimmy! ;)

Last edited:

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have waited to update to IOS 6 as well. I miss the jailbreak. Good to see that this is still moving forward though.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First post updated with details coming out from Hack In The Box 2012... :)

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still wondering if it is worth upgrading to ios6 at alll, even when a jb is available.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:
Still wondering if it is worth upgrading to ios6 at alll, even when a jb is available.

I wouldn't. It's crap and slow. My jailbroken iPad1 can get into the App Store faster than my iPad 3 on ios6.
Ios6 is the worst iOS ever. Ios5.1.1 is a lot better then ios6 and if there was a way to downgrade the ipad3 I would do it.
I'm really hoping the next release of redsn0w will let the ipad3 downgrade.

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be a great birthday present a JB but I think we have to wait patiently.

Sent from my iPad 64Gb JB 5.1.1 using iPF

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NakedFaerie said:
I wouldn't. It's crap and slow. My jailbroken iPad1 can get into the App Store faster than my iPad 3 on ios6.
Ios6 is the worst iOS ever. Ios5.1.1 is a lot better then ios6 and if there was a way to downgrade the ipad3 I would do it.
I'm really hoping the next release of redsn0w will let the ipad3 downgrade.

That is exactly what I was thinking...Also I am considering a upgrade next year, the fact of having to jb is annoying and if I add to it an under-performing os it may be time to wave goodbye to Apple.

Time will tell.

bobbyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good progression from the dev-team...Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices.:cool:

ipad2 owners can downgrade from 6 to 5x via 4x blobs. :)

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bobbyb said:
good progression from the dev-team...Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices.:cool:

ipad2 owners can downgrade from 6 to 5x via 4x blobs. :)

Where did you find news about downgrading the iPad 2? I don't see anything about it on this thread.
Never mind, I just found the announcement in another thread.

Last edited:

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Απ: Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Nothing yet:-(

sent from my Nook tablet on jelly beam

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just jailbroke my iPod touch, it lives in my dock, so it doesn't matter that its teatherd, I just needed bridge.
It's working great (those few compatibility issues aside), but I'm waiting for the untethered jailbreak for my iPad 2 :(

I'm kinda pissed that I can't downgrade my iPad, because I did all my updates OTA. :( is there any way to downgrade anyway?

Most reactions

Latest posts